Page 1 of 5 1 2 Last

Thread: First Aid Kit: How to Treat Burns, Scars, Wounds, etc. from Skin Care Products and Ch

First Aid Kit: How to Treat Burns, Scars, Wounds, etc. from Skin Care Products and Ch

Hey guys, I have compiled a list of must haves in every skin care kit - its kind of like a first aid kit for the skin. They are:

1. Neosporin (you need this sometimes post peel when skin is really raw, red and itchy, also helps prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation if applied on bumps/occasional pimples, and prevents skin infections after strong peels).
    2. Zinc Oxide Ointment (you need to apply this to the areas that might have been burned or overexfoliated after a peel or too much use of Retin-A, zinc oxide rebuilds collagen and heals the skin quickly).
    3. Hydrocortisone Cream (when some areas of the skin feels itchy and irritated from RA, AHA/BHA/TCA or rough exfoliation.
    4. Multivitamin (yes I know its awkward to have this in your aid kit, but when your skin gets too irritated and "flesly" looking, taking a multivitamin or maybe two helps the body work faster in restoring the skin to its natural balance.
    5. Vitamin E Oil (helps the skin rebuild).
    6. Aloe Vera Gel (helps soothe and calm the skin from all irritations/burns or any other ailments).
    7. Visine Regular Eye Drops (takes the Redness out not just from your eyes, if you have some red spots or even a pimple, just put this on the spot or area and it sucks the redness right out for about 5 to 6 hours, the active ingredients in this - tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride and potassium chloride - constricts the blood vessels in your spot and effectively takes the redness out).
    8. Iburprofen (anti-inflammatory - when your skin is really inflamed and broken out in rashes or you have a bad reaction to any product, taking an iburprofen capsule orally or cutting it open and applying the gel topically helps to bring down the inflammation greatly).

There should be more, but these are the CORE essentials. If you guys have other suggestions add them in your posts.

LNL! Thanks How is the lightening going with your HQ compound??
    God is Great - all the time, all the time - God is Great

Maybe just one more? Aloe Vera.

Aloe sometimes helps with many of those inexplicable skin developments.

Aloe vera is on his list too. Thanks, LNL. I had to lol: I have ALL the items you listed & can attest to their effectiveness. This list'll help newer people make better choices & avoid wasteful spending on crap they don't really need.

I'd add: a good sunblock
    a 100% silk charmeuse (preferably 19 momme weight for durability). It prevents hair from drying out, is naturally hypoallergenic & helps prevent facial wrinkling. You'll see the difference in yr hair overnight!
    a good natural oil such as extra virgin olive, sweet almond, apricot kernel. good for skin, hair,lips, nails & make-up removal.
    HQ4% for anyone with melanin issues (melasma, freckles, sun damage, uneven colour or a desire to brighten or lighten)
    The phone # of a good dermatologist & an good esthetician. They often are the 1st to learn about new cutting edge treatments & can often de-bunk a lot of hype you hear.
    Likas Papaya Soap: a cheap effective cleanser that leaves no residue of any kind.
    All resources, instructions, definitions, tips, warnings & safety precautions etc. can be accessed by clicking here. Just scroll until you find what you need!

Quote: Originally Posted by

Aloe vera is on his list too

Im sorry ondine. didn't mean to go thru the list so quickly.

Thank you for pointing that out. ♥

I would disintegrate w/out your

Thank you LightNLift

Another Must Have is Preparation H, when you have had a burn from ur chemical peel, on your face or wherever, wash it with cool water, and apply Preparation H right away, after 5 mins the redness will be out and it will start healing and cut ur recovery time by 3 days, no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by LightenNLift View Post
    Another Must Have is Preparation H, when you have had a burn from ur chemical peel, on your face or wherever, wash it with cool water, and apply Preparation H right away, after 5 mins the redness will be out and it will start healing and cut ur recovery time by 3 days, no joke.
    Thank you, that is such a phenominal idea, LNL. I have heard about it's use to resolve puffiness around the eyes, but sounds like it works on inflammation, too.

Good research!

Another essential thing to add to your skin care arsenal is the plastic Saran cling wrap, when you have had a burn or if you just want your skin care products to work better ----> before you go to bed, after you apply your nightly regimen creams, cut holes for hte eyes, nose and mouth on a saran wrap and wear it on your face. The saran wrap keeps your skin moist so that the products can work better or any redness/burns on your face from chemical peels can heal faster.

Great idea LnL! I never would've thought of Saran Wrap on my face and PrepH but hey! whtvr works!

Do you like emu oil for healing?

Manuka Honey? I use this instead of antibiotic cream!
    http://manukahoney.com/