Hey guys, I have compiled a list of must haves in every skin care kit - its kind of like a first aid kit for the skin. They are:
1. Neosporin (you need this sometimes post peel when skin is really raw, red and itchy, also helps prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation if applied on bumps/occasional pimples, and prevents skin infections after strong peels).
2. Zinc Oxide Ointment (you need to apply this to the areas that might have been burned or overexfoliated after a peel or too much use of Retin-A, zinc oxide rebuilds collagen and heals the skin quickly).
3. Hydrocortisone Cream (when some areas of the skin feels itchy and irritated from RA, AHA/BHA/TCA or rough exfoliation.
4. Multivitamin (yes I know its awkward to have this in your aid kit, but when your skin gets too irritated and "flesly" looking, taking a multivitamin or maybe two helps the body work faster in restoring the skin to its natural balance.
5. Vitamin E Oil (helps the skin rebuild).
6. Aloe Vera Gel (helps soothe and calm the skin from all irritations/burns or any other ailments).
7. Visine Regular Eye Drops (takes the Redness out not just from your eyes, if you have some red spots or even a pimple, just put this on the spot or area and it sucks the redness right out for about 5 to 6 hours, the active ingredients in this - tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride and potassium chloride - constricts the blood vessels in your spot and effectively takes the redness out).
8. Iburprofen (anti-inflammatory - when your skin is really inflamed and broken out in rashes or you have a bad reaction to any product, taking an iburprofen capsule orally or cutting it open and applying the gel topically helps to bring down the inflammation greatly).
There should be more, but these are the CORE essentials. If you guys have other suggestions add them in your posts.