70% Glycolic Acid. tell me more.

Thread: 70% Glycolic Acid. tell me more.

70% Glycolic Acid. tell me more.

do you trust sellers off ebay?

You dont keep this on overnight do you, how long do you put it on your face?

Ive watched guys on youtube, i think im going to do it, i need specifically my forehead to peel.

whats the worst thing that can go wrong with putting it on your face?

Can it help lightening, as it sheds dead skin cells?

I have a dark neck, cheeks and a kind of burnt forehead due to shaving/acne and playing sports in the sun. looking to get lighter, but its scars, going to also post this in lightening thread.

but most of all, do you trust it enough to put it on your face? should i trust these youtube guys? some must be scientists with these solutions on ebay, and they have good feedback.

thinking of getting it next week, so i got a week to investigate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

70% Glycolic Acid. Do you trust Ebay sellers with your face?

Im from UK, only place i can get it is off ebay.

How long do you put this stuff on your face for?

i have to peel my forhead.

Whats a TCA peel? what acids is that cause thats meant to be stronger?

please tell me everything you no about 70% Glycolic Acid do it at home peels.

most importantly, i want to know how long you put it on your face, i might buy next week, so i got a week to figure some stuff out.

I went to a derm, she said TCA would be best, what acid is that?

thanks guys, please hit me up.

@permTan

TCA is the strongest peel you can use. Its intense and if done correctly you will have some down time. Time you will not be able to go outside because it's not a pretty sight, plus you MUST avoid sun at all cause. TCA is the main ingredient in Obagi Blue peel, if you are familiar with it. TCA is a strong peel and is not for a beginner peeler. IF you attempt a TCA, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE educate yourself and know all about it before you do it. I use TCA and have amazing results.

I would NEVER purchase any peel from Ebay. Purchase your peels from a reputable company. I believe MakeupArtist Choice ships to the UK.

Read below to learn more about TCA.
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...ere-)/page3046

Shipping info
    http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/S...y_ep_41-1.html

Glycolic is similar to Lactic Acid, but Glycolic is harsher on the skin, here is more about it.
    http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/3...eels_p_27.html

More info on TCA
    http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...A-Instructions
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@gymrat

thanks for replying gymrat, ive been in the gym myself, i do athletics.

but anyway, the Derm i went to talked about TCA, £100 a go, said i need to prepare my skin for atleast 6 weeks before i get it done, and need to purchase a cream what cost nearly £100 so that my skin is ready for TCA. Trying to make money from me i think.

what %'s are TCA?

Is it stronger then 70% glycolic acid?

I wouldnt mind trying TCA next month, before summer hits. even though we get like 6 weeks of sun in UK.

I dont no much about TCA but the derm said it would be the strongest. so TCA helps with peeling yes?

So like 15% TCA is stronger than 70% glycolic acid?

Thanks for telling me about Ebay, i wont purchase off there, ill just pay for more, but im on a budget at the moment.

this seemed legit though on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glycolic-A...iRaG7JSGxVQXGg

cause i was going to do 70% glycolic, but if TCA is better, im all for it, but i know nothing about the %'s, i just dont want to wreck my skin. its my face and neck.

ohhh, you want me to research, okay thats cool, i will do some research.

Id just like to no the best and safest peel for my face.

Ive done glycolic research and didnt hear about anything bad happening to anyones skin. I researched TCA, found someone messed up there skin, scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by permTan View Post
    ohhh, you want me to research, okay thats cool, i will do some research.

Id just like to no the best and safest peel for my face.

Ive done glycolic research and didnt hear about anything bad happening to anyones skin. I researched TCA, found someone messed up there skin, scared me.
    @permTan , awwh your a gym junkie too

Yes, TCA is much more aggressive then glycolic. TCA's are considered medium depth peel. Glycolic penetrates the superficial layer of the skin. Helps remove blemishes, fades sun spots, help acne scars, etc. It does require several peels to get the results you are wanting. So best to do 3 over a period of time. Glycolic requires less down time than TCA. TCA takes 3-7 days to peel, and about 10 days to be fully healed where you will need to stay indoors. There is really no down time with glycolic, if anything you will have a slight irritation. But nothing that should keep you down or indoors for a length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @permTan , awwh your a gym junkie too

Yes, TCA is much more aggressive then glycolic. TCA's are considered medium depth peel. Glycolic penetrates the superficial layer of the skin. Helps remove blemishes, fades sun spots, help acne scars, etc. It does require several peels to get the results you are wanting. So best to do 3 over a period of time. Glycolic requires less down time than TCA. TCA takes 3-7 days to peel, and about 10 days to be fully healed where you will need to stay indoors. There is really no down time with glycolic, if anything you will have a slight irritation. But nothing that should keep you down or indoors for a length of time.
    I do athletics, i want to try beat my PB this year, but more likely ill beat it next year, my ideal body shape is Asafa Powell the jamaican sprinter. Im same height, and our body structure is about the same. But i weigh more then him but his stronger then me, so i have to burn fat and gain muscle.

anyway,

thanks for replying, i think im going with glycolic because of what you just say 'Helps remove blemishes, fades sun spots, help acne scars', thats exactly what i have.

honest truthful opinion on this:

does seem legit dont it? i know its cheap, hmm i just looked at feedback. im not sure.

Im not sure i can buy it anywhere else in the UK, im on a budget, and this fits it very well. His apparently a chemist, so a scientist i think.

and im thinking, if glycolic dont work, ill try TCA. but i think glycolic will be first, during May.

im just not sure where to buy as im from uk, i want 70%, but i dont no how long i should put on my face, theres instructions for TCA, but none for glycolic. a guy on youtube left 70% on his face for 5 mins.

any advice from a buyer from UK?

im getting confused with these acids used. confused to which ones the best. i thnk TCA will be last resort as its the strongest.

think there's 3 acids, im getting confused during research lol.

Quote Originally Posted by permTan View Post
    I do athletics, i want to try beat my PB this year, but more likely ill beat it next year, my ideal body shape is Asafa Powell the jamaican sprinter. Im same height, and our body structure is about the same. But i weigh more then him but his stronger then me, so i have to burn fat and gain muscle.

anyway,

thanks for replying, i think im going with glycolic because of what you just say 'Helps remove blemishes, fades sun spots, help acne scars', thats exactly what i have.

honest truthful opinion on this:

does seem legit dont it? i know its cheap, hmm i just looked at feedback. im not sure.

Im not sure i can buy it anywhere else in the UK, im on a budget, and this fits it very well. His apparently a chemist, so a scientist i think.

and im thinking, if glycolic dont work, ill try TCA. but i think glycolic will be first, during May.

im just not sure where to buy as im from uk, i want 70%, but i dont no how long i should put on my face, theres instructions for TCA, but none for glycolic. a guy on youtube left 70% on his face for 5 mins.

any advice from a buyer from UK?

im getting confused with these acids used. confused to which ones the best. i thnk TCA will be last resort as its the strongest.

think there's 3 acids, im getting confused during research lol.
    I answered you on the other thread

http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthre...uctions/page93

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements