Skin Care Talk banner

Need help with scarring on arms

10K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
(cross-posted from scarring forum)
Sorry for the cross post, but I'd like to get some advice, and thought maybe your guys over here would know more about acid peeling.

I got a demodex and scabies infection on my arms from my neighbor's cat, and it was very, very hard to get rid of. Now my arms are badly scarred and look like what they call "lizard skin." I've been using DIY 20% Vit. C serum daily, and it's helping a little, but not enough. I feel like I'm ready to try a glycolic acid peel now. I'm taking a trip in September and want my arms to look better by then.

What strength should I start with, and is it possible to make your own to save money? I'm on a pretty tight budget. Thanks!

#2 ·
Try using LA peel and or lotion, and yes you can make your own. Lotioncrafters has Lactic Acid. To make a peel you use distilled water, to make a LA lotion you use a store bought lotion like Gold Bond. Anything that doesn't contain carbomer will work. @ mention me and I will help you with figures etc if you choose to make your own.
http://www.lotioncrafter.com/lactic-acid-90-usp.html

#3 ·
@gymrat Is the LA better than the glycolic acid, and if so, why? I have read a lot, and it seems everyone recommends the glycolic for arms. I'm on a really tight budget, so I want the best solution. I looked at Lotioncrafters and they don't have the glycolic acid, but their LA is 90% and pretty cheap, too. Can you give me the dilution rates for peeling and lotion? THANKS!

#4 ·
@gymrat Is the LA better than the glycolic acid, and if so, why? I have read a lot, and it seems everyone recommends the glycolic for arms. I'm on a really tight budget, so I want the best solution. I looked at Lotioncrafters and they don't have the glycolic acid, but their LA is 90% and pretty cheap, too. Can you give me the dilution rates for peeling and lotion? THANKS!

LA and GA are similar, GA is more harsh on the skin, but works very similar to LA.

Here is Glycolic. Once you get your acid, tell me the % of acid you have and what % of peel you want to use then I can do the figures for you.

They also carry Lactic Acid, but here is a link for glycolic
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Glycolic_Acid_70_/152

#7 ·
@gymrat I think from what I've read, I'm sticking with glycolic. I'll do a series of glycolic peels and see what they do, and then if that doesn't work, I'll have to go to a doctor for a stronger solution. I've read all I can possibly read on peels, and everything says not to use TCA on your arms, then I saw a video of a woman who had a TCA on her arms and the before and after was amazing!

I'll go ahead and get glycolic, because I need something stronger than lactic, for sure. What concentration would you suggest I start with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.