Making a basic face moisturiser - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 First 2 3

Thread: Making a basic face moisturiser

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Hi @mandyqld so this is what I am going to put together, let me know your thoughts. @gymrat , would like your thoughts as well. Anything you would increase/decrease, add or remove? Can I use this as a day and night cream, as well as after putting on my RA? TIA!!

50/50 Canvas and European creams from Skinactives = 4.3oz cream (70%)

Additives I will use:
    Antioxident Booster - 1%
    ALA - 4%
    Co Enzyme Q10 - 3%
    Green Tea extract - 2%
    DMAE - 4%
    Ferulic Acid - 1%
    HA - 1%
    Lactic Acid - 2%
    Oil - 2 % (not sure which oil I want to use, Avocado, Argan, Jojoba or Rosehip Seed Oil)
    Resveratrol - 2%
    Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) - 3%
    Vitamin E - 2%
    Sea Kelp Bioferment - 3%
    Lactic Acid won't work in any lotion/cream that contains carbomer, it will liquify the lotion so Canvas Base won't work.....also, not really necessary to add more oils to either base cream as they are fairly rich to begin with, both contains 3 different oils, so do read the ingredients. Also, both already contain HA.

Don't go crazy with your add ins, pick a few you want to add, and use it for awhile before going hog wild on a bunch of ingredients for several reasons....... you won't know what ingredient you like and or which ingredient is causing an issue, if you were to have one. European is more rich/heavy then Canvas Base, but you really should try them before adding anything to them.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Hi @mandyqld so this is what I am going to put together, let me know your thoughts. @gymrat , would like your thoughts as well. Anything you would increase/decrease, add or remove? Can I use this as a day and night cream, as well as after putting on my RA? TIA!!

50/50 Canvas and European creams from Skinactives = 4.3oz cream (70%)

Additives I will use:
    Antioxident Booster - 1%
    ALA - 4%
    Co Enzyme Q10 - 3%
    Green Tea extract - 2%
    DMAE - 4%
    Ferulic Acid - 1%
    HA - 1%
    Lactic Acid - 2%
    Oil - 2 % (not sure which oil I want to use, Avocado, Argan, Jojoba or Rosehip Seed Oil)
    Resveratrol - 2%
    Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) - 3%
    Vitamin E - 2%
    Sea Kelp Bioferment - 3%
    Lactic Acid won't work in any lotion/cream that contains carbomer, it will liquify the lotion so Canvas Base won't work.....also, not really necessary to add more oils to either base cream as they are fairly rich to begin with, both contains 3 different oils, so do read the ingredients. Also, both already contain HA.

Don't go crazy with your add ins, pick a few you want to add, and use it for awhile before going hog wild on a bunch of ingredients for several reasons....... you won't know what ingredient you like and or which ingredient is causing an issue, if you were to have one. European is more rich/heavy then Canvas Base, but you really should try them before adding anything to them.
    I was working from 2 different post recipes and they both used the same 2 bases. One of the post, the one with LA may have been an older post and the canvas didn't have the carbomar in it then?? I did notice the carbomar listed in the canvas, I wonder if that was added since that recipe was created. I should know better as I searched high and low for a lotion to make my LA lotion without carbomar in it. Doi!! I also noticed the European has HA and oils as well in both, but the recipe called for adding in, so was thinking it was to add an additional kick.

I will def try them both first before I start adding. I just have ingredients that I want to use to make something fun!!

Any other ideas to use those ingredients in, maybe another DYI that I haven't come across?

As always thanks for your feedback and steering me in the right direction!!

Hey ladies. So I used the European and Canvas each for a few days and I love them both. The European really tightens my face, I thought it was drying me out but it isn't. They both actually make my skin so nice and smooth!!

I've thrown a 1oz sample of all my goodies, with only the European base. So far I'm really enjoying on day 2.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements