Skin Care Talk banner

Remove Stretch Marks Forevvvaaaaaaa

63K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  Zikorattt 
#1 ·
So this method was on another forum and it WORKED FOR MY SISTER. So I wanted to share with my SCT family. I have nasty stretch marks on my tummy and hopefully this method will rid my poor body of stretch marks. :marchmellow:

So my regime is based off of the skinbiology method for scar remodeling

The overall idea is that a stretch mark is in essence a scar, and that with using certain types of products, you can “lift” the scar out of the skin over time.

The basics of the regime are
1) Use an acidic exfoliating product on affected areas
2) Apply a retinoid or copper peptide product to encourage new collagen growth

For part one…My favorite lotion is the Donell Glycolic acid lotion. I like this one because it is very strong but low irritating and the formula absorbs well into the skin. Acidic lotions tend to be kinda sticky and this one can be a little tacky but just let it dry completely and you shouldn’t have any problems. The lotion is creamy but a little thin so you don’t need to use much.

Other options include lotions by glytone, amlactin, lachydrin ( both of the latter use lactic acid), and if you can still find it, MD Forte body and hand lotion. The skinbiology acid products are not strong enough in my opinion, well at least for me, so I prefer to buy something else.

For part two….. A good starter product is the skinbiology tri-reduction cream with retinol. Other options are also Afirm retinol products, the 2x is good, skinceuticals retinol, and philosophy retinol ( comes in a tube). If you want, you can also ask for a prescription retinol product from your dermatologist.

I prefer to apply my retinol products at night after I shower and do the lotion in the day time in the summer. I do this because retinol can increase photosensitivity and I use the retinol on my arms as well in certain spots. In the winter and fall, I switch the schedule. Start off alternating these products 3-4 times a week and increase as your skin adjusts to doing both everyday. I have pretty resistant skin so I jumped into doing both right away LOL.

As you get into this program, your skin will start to feel a little raw sometimes. If you ever get to the point where your irritation is too much, reduce usage. I also like to use soothing bath products, with alba shower gel being a product I like as well as some of the aveeno washes. I also like to rub myself down in an oil, rosa mosqueta, grapeseed, or coconut, once a week and let it steam in while I shower once a week. I then just wash it off and apply a rich lotion. I am not completely consistent with this but I do do it once a week if my skin is irritated. Don’t play with any products with a lot of essential oils at this time either so you don’t risk further irritation.

Progress…..

As you progress, you will have to keep challenging your skin. To do this, you can alter either part one or part two or both. For part one, you can increase the level of acid you are using by using a different lotion or cream, introducing chemical peel products or manually by using a physical scrub. For the scrubs, I like sugar scrubs because they usually come in formulas I like better but it is up to you. With the scrub, stand in your shower with dry or slightly damp skin. Take small amounts of scrub in your hands and work through your body in small tight circular motions, concentrating on the areas where your marks are. Once a week, do your entire body neck to toe. Then shower as usual. Don’t press your luck and apply an acidic lotion afterwards, just use something with regenerative properties or go ahead to your retinol product. With chemical peels, you can experiment with different levels and types of acid. My only caution here is to start slow, even if you think you can take more. Skin that has been chemically treated for months is going to respond differently and you won’t know how different that will be until you do it. Don’t risk permanent damage jumping to an extreme. You can scar yourself and slow down your overall progress.

Changing part two…..Same rules apply here in terms of increasing potency. Afirm makes a 3x retinol you can jump two and the skinceuticals comes in two strengths I believe. Also, this is where you definitely need the skinbiology products because they have the best copper peptide products on the market hands down. These products are very strong and after working through two types of retinol, it will be time to dabble with the copper. Skinbiology makes varying strengths in this as well. The website has more detailed information on how to use the copper products so check that out.

Well….that’s it Ladies. The program works, just stay with it and take pictures if you need too. I have always been prone to get stretch marks and this is the only thing that has ever helped me. I wish I would have discovered it sooner.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmmmm interesting. My elder Sis also used a similar method; LA 20% and RA 0.1% she said it really helped fade her stretchmarks. I have a few on my butt but ive just not given this method much thought. Would give it a shot and update in 4weeks.

I love the whole scrub down thingy. I do a full body scrub on saturdays. I make a DIY body scrub with Lemon,honey and sugar and at times add a bit of olive oil for the glow...love it.

My reggie would be LA in the morning then RA at night. Applying both at the same time would irritate my skin x5 a week then skin build with olive oil/cocoa butter; heard they work great for SM. @KellyRowland thanks for the tip

#30 ·
Hi babe ,could you please tell me how to diy a 20% LA lotion ,Thanks
Purchase the lactic acid, then find the lotion base you want to use, come back, tell me the % of lactic you have and how much lotion base you have and I will tell you how to make it into 20% LA lotion. Just be sure you lotion base doesn't contain carbomer, so read the ingredient list to make sure.
Thanks will let you know as soon as I get the Lactic acid and lotion base.

#9 ·
So this method was on another forum and it WORKED FOR MY SISTER. So I wanted to share with my SCT family. I have nasty stretch marks on my tummy and hopefully this method will rid my poor body of stretch marks. :marchmellow:

So my regime is based off of the skinbiology method for scar remodeling

The overall idea is that a stretch mark is in essence a scar, and that with using certain types of products, you can “lift” the scar out of the skin over time.

The basics of the regime are
1) Use an acidic exfoliating product on affected areas
2) Apply a retinoid or copper peptide product to encourage new collagen growth

For part one…My favorite lotion is the Donell Glycolic acid lotion. I like this one because it is very strong but low irritating and the formula absorbs well into the skin. Acidic lotions tend to be kinda sticky and this one can be a little tacky but just let it dry completely and you shouldn’t have any problems. The lotion is creamy but a little thin so you don’t need to use much.

Other options include lotions by glytone, amlactin, lachydrin ( both of the latter use lactic acid), and if you can still find it, MD Forte body and hand lotion. The skinbiology acid products are not strong enough in my opinion, well at least for me, so I prefer to buy something else.

For part two….. A good starter product is the skinbiology tri-reduction cream with retinol. Other options are also Afirm retinol products, the 2x is good, skinceuticals retinol, and philosophy retinol ( comes in a tube). If you want, you can also ask for a prescription retinol product from your dermatologist.

I prefer to apply my retinol products at night after I shower and do the lotion in the day time in the summer. I do this because retinol can increase photosensitivity and I use the retinol on my arms as well in certain spots. In the winter and fall, I switch the schedule. Start off alternating these products 3-4 times a week and increase as your skin adjusts to doing both everyday. I have pretty resistant skin so I jumped into doing both right away LOL.

As you get into this program, your skin will start to feel a little raw sometimes. If you ever get to the point where your irritation is too much, reduce usage. I also like to use soothing bath products, with alba shower gel being a product I like as well as some of the aveeno washes. I also like to rub myself down in an oil, rosa mosqueta, grapeseed, or coconut, once a week and let it steam in while I shower once a week. I then just wash it off and apply a rich lotion. I am not completely consistent with this but I do do it once a week if my skin is irritated. Don’t play with any products with a lot of essential oils at this time either so you don’t risk further irritation.

Progress…..

As you progress, you will have to keep challenging your skin. To do this, you can alter either part one or part two or both. For part one, you can increase the level of acid you are using by using a different lotion or cream, introducing chemical peel products or manually by using a physical scrub. For the scrubs, I like sugar scrubs because they usually come in formulas I like better but it is up to you. With the scrub, stand in your shower with dry or slightly damp skin. Take small amounts of scrub in your hands and work through your body in small tight circular motions, concentrating on the areas where your marks are. Once a week, do your entire body neck to toe. Then shower as usual. Don’t press your luck and apply an acidic lotion afterwards, just use something with regenerative properties or go ahead to your retinol product. With chemical peels, you can experiment with different levels and types of acid. My only caution here is to start slow, even if you think you can take more. Skin that has been chemically treated for months is going to respond differently and you won’t know how different that will be until you do it. Don’t risk permanent damage jumping to an extreme. You can scar yourself and slow down your overall progress.

Changing part two…..Same rules apply here in terms of increasing potency. Afirm makes a 3x retinol you can jump two and the skinceuticals comes in two strengths I believe. Also, this is where you definitely need the skinbiology products because they have the best copper peptide products on the market hands down. These products are very strong and after working through two types of retinol, it will be time to dabble with the copper. Skinbiology makes varying strengths in this as well. The website has more detailed information on how to use the copper products so check that out.

Well….that’s it Ladies. The program works, just stay with it and take pictures if you need too. I have always been prone to get stretch marks and this is the only thing that has ever helped me. I wish I would have discovered it sooner.
Hey do you have any links for the products that you have mentioned?

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
@nwababy Never heard of it........runs to look at the ingredients :icon_study:

**ok I'm back :) ingredients below...........looks like the product is from Thailand/Philippines

Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Olive Fruit Oil, PEG 100 Stearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Alpha Arbutin, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hydroxide, Hibiscus Flower Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Vitamin E, Cucumber Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, Maltodextrin, Sodium Benzoate

#25 ·
The pasjel rave is real lol. I ve not used it.
Im awaiting anoda stretchmarks products "baba de caracol" or smth. Has snail slime. U mix d cream n d gel n use.

I knw castor oil heals stretchmarks. It penetrates deeply.

I ve not given my stretchies much thought but exfoliating n glycolic lotion faded 50% of d stretchies on my body.....dey r barely noticeable

#33 ·
Hey there @MrsBurney2015, great to see you!! LA has a long shelf life your lotion is fine, give it a good shake to make sure its all mixed up and then it should be just fine. I hope you are feeling better. Plenty of time to make your DIY things, not to worry. I will help you when you are ready
[/QUOTE]

Hi @gymrat Thanks for the reply, that's good to know. I'm hoping my other stuff is still good as well. I also finally made my first Vit C serum, for far to good with using using. The acid stick I used showed it was at the right acidity. Yay!! I did get a few little pimples though on my chin. So hope that won't be an issue with it. :-(

I also got the mandalic peel finally. I got that one and the man/sal that you originally suggested for me. Just not sure which one to try first. ?

I am doing much better. Just have some residual issues here and there from the Steroids I ended up having to take. I am so glad to be back feeling better and start making stuff!

#35 ·
@MrsBurney2015 you will need to add 4.1 oz of lactic to make this 15%. Use the Mandalic once a week, you will love it!! And stick with the Vit C serum, it could just be a little purging your getting. What oil did you use with the recipe? Glad your feeling better, take care of yourself.

Reach out if you need any help mixing things up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.