Is it Worth It? Want to do a 80% Lactic Acid Peel.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Is it Worth It? Want to do a 80% Lactic Acid Peel.

Talking Is it Worth It? Want to do a 80% Lactic Acid Peel.

My biggest concern has been hyperpigmentation on some parts of my body.

so I have been using Proderma 10% Hydroquinione cream for 2 months at the end of last year.
    And ret-a gel (0.1%) a few times a week too for exfoliation along with the 10% HQ cream every day or even twice a day.
    Papaya soap was used few times a week.

I stopped this routine after two months to take a break. Took a two month break. Used Palmer's skin therapy oil almost daily (contains
    a lot of Vitamin A) during this time. However, still continued to use papaya soap for 1-3x a week.

After two months, I brought the proderma super whitening body cream. It contains bearberry, kojic acid, glycolic acid, niacinamide,
    MSM, tranexamic acid, licorice and HQ as its active ingredients. I have been using this daily for several weeks now.
    I also used the ret-a gel for three occasions this month. Papaya soap 3-4x a week.

Results have been ok.

I am thinking of doing my first chemical peel soon for faster results. Its the proderma 80% lactic acid peel with
    kojic acid, bearberry, mulberry and licorice. Does anyone recommend any useful tips? or think this is a bad idea? will it help?

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

80% seems way too high. Did you re-darken during your HQ break?

I burned my leg doing a 40% LA peel. So be careful

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixCharm View Post

so I have been using Proderma 10% Hydroquinione cream for 2 months at the end of last year.
    And ret-a gel (0.1%) a few times a week too for exfoliation along with the 10% HQ cream every day or even twice a day.

I stopped this routine after two months to take a break. Took a two month break. Used Palmer's skin therapy oil almost daily (contains
    a lot of Vitamin A) during this time. However, still continued to use papaya soap for 1-3x a week.

After two months, I brought the proderma super whitening body cream. It contains bearberry, kojic acid, glycolic acid, niacinamide,
    MSM, tranexamic acid, licorice and HQ as its active ingredients. I have been using this daily for several weeks now.
    I also used the ret-a gel for three occasions this month. Papaya soap 3-4x a week.

Results have been ok.

I am thinking of doing my first chemical peel soon for faster results. Its the proderma 80% lactic acid peel with
    kojic acid, bearberry, mulberry and licorice. Does anyone recommend any useful tips? or think this is a bad idea? will it help?

Thank you
    Why don't start with a lower % just to see how you react like 44% because 88% is high and could burn you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie404 View Post
    I burned my leg doing a 40% LA peel. So be careful
    How long did you leave it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Inahet View Post
    How long did you leave it on?

Like 3-5 min because it started stinging. If you want to peel but not worry about something burning you, consider Green Peeling Oil. It is peeling my knees wonderfully. Im actually about to order some more. If you feel you need something stronger, consider Yellow Peeling Oil.

@Brownie404 really I thought gpo was stronger than lactic acid? They market la peel as safe for sensitive skin. Well thanks for the heads up I guess I'm going to start the la peel at 22 percent instead of 44 when I receive it in the mail. If it doesn't work I will try gpo.

Nah i didnt redarken. I was planning on leaving the peel on for 2 minutes. Do you think this is long enough? How did you prepare the skin before the peel?

Quote Originally Posted by moon maiden View Post

Results have been ok.

Thank you
    Why don't start with a lower % just to see how you react like 44% because 88% is high and could burn you.

Well i already brought it and i was only planning on leaving it on for two minutes. I will be preparing my skin a week before the peel.

Well i already brought it and i was only planning on leaving it on for two minutes. I will be preparing my skin a week before the peel.
    I wouldn't use 80%, I would take a bit out and dilute it down a bit. Mix equal parts of the peel with distilled and start with 40%. See how that works for you. Remember its your skin which is irreplaceable. Gradually increase the % once you know your skin can tolerate the 40%. Burning yourself could be a disaster, so why risk it.

From what you posted in your first post, your prepping your skin fine. Stick to exfoliating and using the RA the week prior to the peel. And you can leave an LA peel on for 3-7 mins then rinse with soap and water.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements