Peel for eye area
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Peel for eye area

Peel for eye area

What are people's thoughts on this. I'm talking directly under the lash line and the lid. Can we do such a thing or a no go?
    Skin a lot thinner and more delicate obv.

Im curious
    @gymrat what would be your thoughts on this please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi @Neom what kind of peel are you talking about?

I personally use 99% of my products up to my lash line, including peels.

If you are using TCA, you can use say, 18% and then for the eye area use a lower %. I always keep lower % on hand for those areas. If you don't get the result you were wanting the first time around, once the skin heals, do it again but just spot treat the eye area rather than doing your entire face again.

To be on the safe side, I would put vaseline or aquaphor or whatever you have that's similar and apply it on your lower lashes, basically as a barrier, to help keep the peel solution out of your eyes. You wouldn't want any solution going into your eye.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

@Neom : I'm no peel expert though Gymmie has it covered ... For me - I'd say RA in time also helps gradually exfoliate that eye area gently ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post

If you are using TCA, you can use say, 18% and then for the eye area use a lower %. I always keep lower % on hand for those areas. If you don't get the result you were wanting the first time around, once the skin heals, do it again but just spot treat the eye area rather than doing your entire face again.

To be on the safe side, I would put vaseline or aquaphor or whatever you have that's similar and apply it on your lower lashes, basically as a barrier, to help keep the peel solution out of your eyes. You wouldn't want any solution going into your eye.
    The dermatologist office charges so much for a TCA peel - 1000 dollars! Can you believe that!! When you can buy it for cheap. :/ I want to do a peel around my eyes but all I have is lactic acid @gymrat .. what do you think of an LA peel around the eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by slayanna View Post
    The dermatologist office charges so much for a TCA peel - 1000 dollars! Can you believe that!! When you can buy it for cheap. :/ I want to do a peel around my eyes but all I have is lactic acid @gymrat .. what do you think of an LA peel around the eyes?
    Oh ya, I've paid my share of having professional TCA's done. It was a learning experience for me, I took what they did and was able to do it all myself after getting a little more educated on the process . As for lactic acid, its a great place to start as lactic acid is the mildest of all. What % of Lactic do you have? And do you have a peel or are you making your own?

Im so late! Erm I didn't have a particular one in mind. Just any sort of peel to keep skin ticking over. What about your lids? Apply on them too? For example the mandelic that I have - totally fine up to lash and over lids? 15%? Thanks lovely

Quote Originally Posted by AIME View Post
    @Neom : I'm no peel expert though Gymmie has it covered ... For me - I'd say RA in time also helps gradually exfoliate that eye area gently ...
    Thanks. Very hard to get a hold of RA over here in UK now. I couldn't find the one I was after so gave up searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Neom View Post
    Im so late! Erm I didn't have a particular one in mind. Just any sort of peel to keep skin ticking over. What about your lids? Apply on them too? For example the mandelic that I have - totally fine up to lash and over lids? 15%? Thanks lovely
    No my friend I have never applied peel on my lids, if I tried any it would be mandelic at a low strength. I would probably only apply on my brow bone, if anywhere......such a sensitive area though. Gosh, if you do end up doing this, please let me know how things turn out. On accident I applied Vit C to my brow bone, etc and they were so red and sensitive. Ever since I've been deathly afraid of peels in that area. Up to the lash line, whole different story. I can handle that

And wow, I didn't know RA is difficult for you to get there..........that's the ticket if you can find it!! Apply that and use your peels and you will be golden under your eyes and crows feet etc, just not the lids

No my friend I have never applied peel on my lids, if I tried any it would be mandelic at a low strength. I would probably only apply on my brow bone, if anywhere......such a sensitive area though. Gosh, if you do end up doing this, please let me know how things turn out. On accident I applied Vit C to my brow bone, etc and they were so red and sensitive. Ever since I've been deathly afraid of peels in that area. Up to the lash line, whole different story. I can handle that

And wow, I didn't know RA is difficult for you to get there..........that's the ticket if you can find it!! Apply that and use your peels and you will be golden under your eyes and crows feet etc, just not the lids
    Okay doke I think I will probably avoid the lids then lol.

@gymrat shop shop shop till I drop. Placed an order for the fade peel. Yipee! I also order the sample of the 21% of the TCA. I'm hoping that will be enough to spot treat this year and perhaps again for next year.

Any other tricks up your sleeve? Lol

Do you still apply your Vit C in the morning as usual?

Do you ever think to yourself if your doing enough for your skin? I get a bit like that sometimes. I probably could be doing more with body exfoliation/moisturising.

Im sat here writing this on a Sunday evening with my mandelic acid peel that's been on for 30minutes lol. Time to wash off.

Looking forward to trying the fade. Think I need to step up. Miss the tingle haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Neom View Post
    @gymrat shop shop shop till I drop. Placed an order for the fade peel. Yipee! I also order the sample of the 21% of the TCA. I'm hoping that will be enough to spot treat this year and perhaps again for next year.

Any other tricks up your sleeve? Lol

Do you still apply your Vit C in the morning as usual?

Do you ever think to yourself if your doing enough for your skin? I get a bit like that sometimes. I probably could be doing more with body exfoliation/moisturising.

Im sat here writing this on a Sunday evening with my mandelic acid peel that's been on for 30minutes lol. Time to wash off.

Looking forward to trying the fade. Think I need to step up. Miss the tingle haha.
    TOTALLY do!! I actually just had a facial/peel/microderm on Thursday so my skin is relaxing at the moment . And yes, I am so faithful to my Vit C serum, I love it!! Apply it right after my morning cleanse.

Oh you miss that tingle til it happens again..........let me know what you think about that fade peel. I can't say it tingles, annoying itch is more like it. Oh the sample of the 21% will last you a long time. Use it to spot treat, just go easy with it because it is powerful s**t . Can't wait to hear what you think of the fade peel. Also, test that 21% on your face somewhere.........then tell me you miss that tingle

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements