Skin Care Talk banner

Desperate and Depressed

4K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  lightboy 
#1 ·
Hi all

I am new to this, hoping to get responses, I am so depressed about the dark circles all around my eyes, they make me look awful, I have very light skin and my circles are just lighter than black! I have had them ever since I can remember and I can not leave the house nor can I stay in the house without makeup. Even my siblings have never seen me without makeup to cover it at least a bit.

I am pretty sure they are caused by hyper pigmentation, excess melanin. I want a permanent treatment as it is so strenuous to have to continually use topical products to erase it. Do you think Mequinol will make these circles lighter and most importantly PERMANENT...

Please help me I am so desperate, thanks so much in advance xxx

#8 ·
Cosign, RA works good around the eyes ...

#6 ·
0.025 is not a strong dose like say 0.1 your face will be fine if nothing happens with 0.25 then move up to 0.5 it will not make them darker don't worry also use vitamin E oil my son suffered from dark circles and applying vitamin E makes it disappeared do it night and day.

#12 ·
Thanks all for your responses it means a lot, truly..

However, the reason I am depressed about them is because they are very dark and are not just under my eyes but on the inner corners, on my eyelids up to my eyebrows and under my eyes. I am light skinned but around my mouth and eyes are very dark, the mouth area doesn't bother me too much it's a bit lighter than around my eyes.
I don't want them to disappear, just to lighten maybe by 1 or 2 shades. I didn't mention that I'm 2 months pregnant.

John Dave- Thank you for your reply, but I have heard that it contains steroids and since I am pregnant I am not willing to harm my baby, thank you so much tho x
I've tried Vitamin C... Unfortunately no avail :'(

Also, guys recommending RA I have read that it's not good for pregnancy too! Thanks a lot however... I am overwhelmed by your help! xx
I should have mentioned I am pregnant I guess..

I was wondering if I should use a safe but effective bleaching agent like Neostrata pigment enlighten gel? What do you guys think about this?
Please keep the recommendations coming.. xx:)

#20 ·
Awwh no wonder.........YOUR PREGNANT :icon_cheers::hugs: this changes so much for you, inside and out. Your hormones are running rampant and its completely normal. When you are pregnant your body produces more hormones which increases pigmentation. Ask your Dr what he/she recommends you to use, also be sure your wearing a hat and sunscreen when you go outdoors. Also make sure your taking a prenatal vitamin. Don't get down on yourself, once you have your baby you will have plenty of time to fix the things you need too.

I personally think most things in moderation are fine when you are pregnant, I would just stay clear of HQ and other potent ingredients. RA, Vit C, etc I think are fine to use, but you do want to consult with your Dr so you guys are on the same page........because the baby is what matters most right now. Congrats to you!!

#21 ·
Yeah but I want to have many babies so does that means that i'll basically have to live with these black circles around my life forever? Like they make me really down.
No, most times things like this just appear while pregnant and will fade away. Same with the dark pigmented line you may see going down the middle of your belly. You probably don't see it yet because you are only a few months, but as time goes on and you are 6-7 months pregnant you may see the dark line. This too will fade once you have your baby. Its nothing to stress over right now. But like I mentioned be sure your taking a pre natal so you are getting the extra iron, which can help the dark circles as well.

And lather up in shea butter, especially your belly and chest, this helps to fend off stretch marks. The sooner you start the better off you will be.

Do know that birth control pills are also known to have the same skin effects as when you are pregnant because of the increase in hormones. So if you choose one after delivery, be sure to let the Dr know you had pigmentation issues while pregnant. There are so many BC to choose from these days one will suit you without complications.

#23 ·
@Mastah1 : Take Gymmie's advice and consult your doctor for your own peace of mind. There's enough good advice also by other members for you to consider ...

#24 ·
Hello guyssss
I have decided I am just going to wait until I have the baby and then I will use neoprosone Vit C and sunscreen for my under eyes, thanks for all of your helps...
I wanted to ask, when I use this for a period and achieve the colour I am happy at under my eyes, can I maintain it just using sunscreen? and wearing sunglasses all the time lool! Because it's only my under eyes that I'll be lightening or do I still have to use the gel? I can't imagine having to use it forever?

Thanks so much for your help guys.. A lovely bunch xox

#26 ·
Maybe.... Maybe not....depends on your skin sometimes its enough sometimes its not. You have to try it out and see but for the most part when you stop inhibiting the production of melanin it will come back. But be positive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.