Skin Care Talk banner

Tca Peel didnt penetrate

51K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  gymrat 
#1 ·
I'm having issues getting the peel to peel my face. A friend that helped applied the same thing I applied to her face isn't peeling mine when it peeled her skin. Is there some sort of prep I could use before I try this peel again so that it evenly gets my entire face and peels evenly? Using a 20% Tca peel bought from Roseville, CA on eBay. That store seemed pretty legit. I just wish they knew why the peel wouldn't penetrate my skin.

#2 ·
Don't purchase peels from Ebay, purchase from a reputable company and you will find much better results!! Purchasing any type of acid from eBay is way too risky. Lord knows what your ending up with, could be rubbing alcohol for all you know!!

Purchase from an actual company so you have someone to fall back on if you should have questions/concerns like the one you are having now.

#4 ·
What she said. Also, if you have a hard time finding an affordable one, use Amazon.com. Use a store that has a minimum of 100 purchases of a product and a minimum of 50 reviews. Then from there you can decide. Work your way up from 20% to 50% slowly. The higher it is, the more it can do. Yet your skin has to be used to the procedure. I say do 20-25% 4 more sessions before going up another 5 or 10.

#5 ·
Too late now! I purchased the 2oz TCA Complex from ebay, I've used this product before with good results peeling my forehead.
But I didn't use much after that, (in those days I was jumping from one product to the next.) Now I'm back, it states the same 12.5% but maybe I have to apply more, today is the second day and none of that skin tightening that you feel when you usually do a peel has accrued.

Directions state to put a few drops on a papertowel but I don't feel that is enough to I put a Q-tip in the bottle and applied it to my face. I could of sworn this stuff was stronger, it didn't sting like it used to.

#6 ·
you don.t prepare your skin correctly.

1.- you should wash your face 2-3 times with a soap.

2.- You dry your face.

3.- You removes all the fat with cotton and alcohol

4.- You wait 3-5mn

5- You perform your peeling quickly.

the 12,5% will give you normaly a medium peeling and the burn sensation will occur quickly.

#7 ·
Well I ended up throwing away both bottles, I used to frost a little with the 12.5% TCA Complex, now nothing!

So I am now prepping my skin for the Skin Culture Peel 4000, I"m prepping with 40% Glycolic Acid and the directions are the same with the washing of the face, let dry, wipe with alcohol ect...I'll do this for 3 months, then use the Peel 4000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.