Skin Care Talk banner

Patchy looking skin... Have I caused damage or is it a form of peeling?! Help!!!!!!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JennyCutie 
#1 ·
Hi.
Um OK...
I am new on skincaretalk, but not new to skin lightening by any means.
It's just something I've done over the years.
Carefully and not so carefully... any how...

I went on a trip to Mexico and it's near impossible to avoid the sun:sunglasses: in Mexico, so I just embraced it! Obviously I tried to stay in the shade and I used sun screen but I still got a lot darker. I live in Europe in a mostly cold country so I wasn't concerned about not being able to lighten again... anyway. When I got home I began my skin routine again with military like precision. Having a shower twice a day, using kojic acid soap and fair and white shower gel. ( the blue bottle). I was using Caro light, mixed with the oil and pink fair and white glycerin on my body. On my face I was using the same products to wash but as moisturiser I used Butone ( not sure any of you have heard of it it's in a red and white tube...) anyway. It had been opened but not used for a very long time as before I went to Mexico I wasn't using lightening products on my face. Initially when I started using the soap on my face it burned/stung a little, but that was to be expected while I built up a tolerance. It stung around my mouth mostly and on my cheeks... I was used to that feeling and knew what to expect. Then I started noticing light patches appearing round my mouth. They were literally round the corners of my mouth, now it's spreading. I'm not peeling as such, I look like I have vitiligo. This has never happened to me before. I have peeled with skin shedding, but never had patchy looking skin. There is no loose/flakey skin at all. Just completely different toned. The patchiness is even on both sides though, it literally looks like I have vitiligo. It's all round my mouth, my chin. Up the middle of my face.... I am going crazy:dizzy_face::sob:. If someone can help me and tell me what to do, if I should keep doing what I'm doing stop doing what I'm doing, I would be so grateful! Has this happened to any of you? Is this a form of peeling? Have I caused irreparable damage? Should I just ride it out? What should I do? I've been back for about 3 weeks now...
Help me and I will love you forever!!! :grin:.

I'm a black girl, just in case that might make a difference (skin types and what not...!)

See less See more
#3 ·
We need to see a picture girl!
Dont worry though.
:
:
Ur mistake is using kojic soap twice a day & f&w body gel simultaneously. U didn't give ur skin any break so now its fighting back lol.

Caro is a high percentage hq (above recommended 4%) cream -did u know that?
:
:

Anyways heres what to do: get yourself unrefined shea butter & unrefined cocoa butter with coconut oil or sweet almond oil and apply to your face twice a day. Apply sunscreen when you see the sun out.
Wash face with dove soap or other gentle soap.
What is the ingredients of the boutun moisturizer?

::
After that, when u feel ready; use an exfoliating soap -one that says exfoliating on the soap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.