Chemical Peeling: What to Expect Before, During, and After - Page 2

Thread: Chemical Peeling: What to Expect Before, During, and After

Has anyone got experience with obagi blue peel? I have yet to get started on certain products ya'll discuss for pigmentation due to being crazy busy at work, now I want to jumpstart with a mild peel.
    Then maintain with either fair and flawless, or tonique...but now after reading the recent threads ,I need cliff notes on the conclusion to that debate

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

i used 100%tca peel it was amazing,i had a grade 4 frost and peeled like a snake at day 14,got scared i would never peel .also did a 20%tca last week on my forehead just starting to peel now,these peels have removed every line off my face ,like im 19 lol
    going to keep using 4% hydroquinone with retin a for at least 6 monthsHidden Content

I am wondering live1, where do you purchase your tca product?
    I can barely tolerate the 15%, worried about the 18% soon, and just knowing someone out there puts over 18% on their skin terrifies me.
    I know each manufacturer makes their solutions differently - so I am wondering if there is one out there that has a stronger peel effect but less stingy quality. Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

ebay.i know u should not use 100%tca but i did a test first it stung but i can tolerate it.i wouldn't advise uyou do what i did but weaker tca did not completely remove the lines only reduced them,plus they were mild lines anyway.i also watered down some to 50% 20% and 12%.just be careful and u will be fine
    going to keep using 4% hydroquinone with retin a for at least 6 monthsHidden Content

You can water it down? How much do you know how to add?
    I am looking at MONTHS of several light peels and am wondering if jumping in and doing something a bit more MEDIUM might be better.
    I seem to always be in a reddened peeling state. It is SUCH a commitment too.
    But 100%? Yikers.

instructions came with the 100%tca peel its very easy ,i used tap water but u should use distilled bottled water either way

Quote Originally Posted by mony View Post
    Awwwwww Nuts! And I thought I had done mine right!I read the instructions- tehy say to apply ointment if you really need to or something to that effect.... So I didn't..... I suffered the itches- after 3-4 days I used my microfibre cloth to try and coax someof those ugly scabs off my face.... (i still look better) but I'd probably look even better if I hadn't! Ding-Dang it! Leave to the girl way up North way out in the boonys to mess this one up!

Now I got one question for ya LNL

Depending if I get the job in question or not, I may be off during Xmas...so I wanna do it RIGHT this time! DO I NEED TO WEAR SUNSCREEN WHEN OR IF I HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE THE DAYS AFTER .... WHEN MY FACE IS ALL SCABBY?
    Cause yes If I have the time I do plan on doing it again!
    And Ireally would like to gt it right!
    Absolutely wear sunscreen and carry it around with you for reapplication. It is generally recommended that you get as little sun as possible in the following days of performing a chemical peel. But if you must go out, wear sunscreen, wear UV reflecting sunglasses, wear a wide brimmed hat and protective clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by msavoy07 View Post
    FINALLY! Got the 15% on last night. Seems every time I am "ready" there is somewhere to go/do. LOL

Thank you LnL for the information. I was wondering if there are concerns for anyone about cold sores coming about with peels? I recall getting a script of Valtrex, I believe, during prep for a laser peel on the peri-oral area.
    Is this something some should be concerned with?

Also, is there a better method of application? I first use cotton round all over, wait 5 minutes then do a soaked cotton swab over areas that need a little more ooomph. But I feel as if I have missed spots. HELP!

ETA: After healing of two weeks I will do another 15%. After the next two week healing I will do an 18%. I am also going to be wearing alot of green I think just for the holidays. It will look sooo nice with the very red face.
    Go to the pharmacy and get the GAUZE PADS and use that to apply your chemical peel. Gauze Pads distribute the solution evenly and dematologists use it in their offices when they administer chemical peels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    Has anyone got experience with obagi blue peel? I have yet to get started on certain products ya'll discuss for pigmentation due to being crazy busy at work, now I want to jumpstart with a mild peel.
    Then maintain with either fair and flawless, or tonique...but now after reading the recent threads ,I need cliff notes on the conclusion to that debate
    The Obagi Blue Peel

The Obagi Blue Peel is actually a cream that has no active ingredients other than the dye. It is mixed by the doctor or plastic surgeon with the desired concentration of trichloroacetic acid (which is obtained separately). The trichloroacetic acid or TCA becomes the actual active ingredient that gives a mild to medium chemical burn in the first several layers of skin. The TCA breaks and disrupts cellular bonds and results in peeling of the skin and a fresh, more youthful skin. TCA treats many skin problems or conditions usually associated with aging skin like wrinkles, sun spots, freckles, etc. It is interesting to also note that TCA has been found to be one of the most effective anti acne treatments known to doctors.

The Obagi Blue Peel has two slight limitations or inconveniences, though. Many people do not want to look green like a frog for several days as it is so severe a coloring that it cannot possibly be covered up with makeup. The other is that it tends to be weaker than a straight TCA peel and requires several applications to usually equal the results of one straight TCA peel. Now, it is important to note that a straight TCA peel does not have an indicator like dye, but it does have the ability to redden or white out on most skin types. This indicates that it has penetrated deep enough for a good peel and then needs to be neutralized.

The straight TCA Peel is currently used and favored by thousands of medical doctors, dermatologists and plastic surgeons for its ability to produce desired results in less than half the time of an Obagi Blue Peel. It also usually produces more profound results and requires fewer if any subsequent treatments. The Obagi Blue Peel is a good skin peel and does produce good results, but the straight TCA peel works quicker, is usually stronger and has better and longer lasting results making it the ultimate skin peel for any anti aging skin care regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by msavoy07 View Post
    I am wondering live1, where do you purchase your tca product?
    I can barely tolerate the 15%, worried about the 18% soon, and just knowing someone out there puts over 18% on their skin terrifies me.
    I know each manufacturer makes their solutions differently - so I am wondering if there is one out there that has a stronger peel effect but less stingy quality. Thanks.
    MakeUpArtistsChoice.com
    BeautyScientific.com

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements