Salicylic Acid Exfoliating "Peel"

Thread: Salicylic Acid Exfoliating "Peel"

Cool Salicylic Acid Exfoliating "Peel"

Hi all --

I'm new here and have a question. I recently mixed salicylic acid with water and applied it to my arms and legs because I wanted to exfoliate them. The salicylic acid didn't mix very well with the water, and the application process was messy; when the mixture dried on my skin, it was white and flaked off very easily. I'm concerned that it may not have effectively exfoliated my skin as well as if it had not flaked off and instead if it had stayed on the skin. Any feedback on this and/or suggestions regarding remedies so that the "peel" won't flake off would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

@amili : Salicyclic acid is only slightly soluble in water and only yields upto a 3% solution which will not do much in terms of peeling skin. Use propylene glycol to dissolve it instead ....or add ur SA powder to a little cream and mix it well to use for peeling purposes. Just about 1 tbsp in 2 oz of cream should do. Check the ph and ensure its not less than 4% to avoid irritation.

The better option would be to get a liquid SA and use it at 20% or add it to a little cream
    MUAC have good peels - even SA peels.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

4. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements