Skin Care Talk banner

Experiences with dermatologists + lightening

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  slivochny 
#1 ·
Why are skin doctors so bad at helping people figure out how to even out their skin tone? I just went to one today and she was of no help at all! Ugh. I decided I am not wasting my time going back to her again. Anyone else have bad experiences? Or maybe good experiences?

#2 ·
Tell them you wanna get darker they'll be willing to help then. Even ask which shade of dark. Lightening or evening of the skin is a no no for them. I went on a popular surgery site in the skin section and non black doctors were all on this self acceptance trip....yet believe in safe tanning to the point they can pass as a black or latin person.

#3 ·
Just because this Derm didn't work for you doesn't mean the next one won't. Just like products, sometimes it takes a few before you find the right one @slayanna. I love my Derm, but I had to try a few before finding her, so don't give up!! Make an appt with another, have faith, you will find one that works for you, there are plenty of good Docs out there :five:

#4 ·
Thanks dear I'll keep looking hopefully I'll find a good one :)

#5 ·
Hi everyone ! I am back after a long time. I just had an appointmet with a derm and she was amazing but expensive for me. And she was offering whitening injections at less than 50 usd per injection. A full treatment consists of 8 injections. She said all the celebrities use it and it has no side effects. I was just so scared to get those but I am sooooo tempted. And there were others in her clinic getting those injections lol :p

#6 ·
Oh that sounds nice. American doctors will tell you to stop hating yourself instead haha for wanting to even out your skin. I think someone else said here they are experts on how to tan and make yourself dark but not how to be even and brighter!

#7 ·
My derm proposed the injections to me herself! lol. It has always been common for derms to propose skin lightening treatments like fade peels, mesotherapy and gluta injections. The thing is these injections are so cheap almost anyone can get them from a qualified skin doc!

#8 ·
You're so lucky! If I had a good dermatologist I would have had even skin a long time ago *sigh* at least we have SCT.

#10 ·
Another thing that I realized is that while I was doing at home lactic acid peels, I put a hick layer of the acid while in her clinic she put such a thin layer and very carefully. she also said that when u apply a second layer it does not remain 20%, it doubles in percentage so we have to be careful with layers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.