Adding a powder to a liquid by %. Also...VEGEMOIST :)

Thread: Adding a powder to a liquid by %. Also...VEGEMOIST :)

Adding a powder to a liquid by %. Also...VEGEMOIST :)

Hi Guys!

I want to make myself a super simple solution of 7% Vegemoist in deionised water to use as a super hydrating mist between product applications. Only problem is the Vegemoist I bought is a powder and I have no idea how to work out 7% of powder in a water formula! Help anyone? Gosh I feel dumb! I thought it would be as simple as weighing out 7g of powder and adding it to 100ml of water. However, I have read elsewhere that you should formulate by % in weight, not volume. Is this so?

Also, has anyone ever formulated with Vegemoist?:
    http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/VegeMoist_/894

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi @Buzzfill , To get a 7% solution add 7g of Vegemoist to 93g of your deionised water. Measure both components in grams ...that should give you the most accurate mix ... Yes! Weight in grams and volume differ.
    Last edited by AIME; 02-22-2017 at 06:13 AM.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

If and when I use an ingredient I am not familiar with and have a question regarding it........I always go back to that manufacture for my questions, as they are the ones who are best to answer for something they carry. But to give you a short answer to your question..........

When a manufacturer does their testing it will be done in a professional setting and that means that it will always be done using weight because weight is the only form of measurement that will remain consistent regardless. One ounce of oat flour by weight will always measure one ounce by weight regardless of whether it is compact, loose, wet, dry , etc... that same one ounce by weight will measure differently, by volume, when these conditions change. One ounce of powder takes up less space when it is wet or compacted than it does when it is dry. If you develop using volume then sometimes you will get more and other times you will get less. So follow the usage rate from the manufacture and measure by weight.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Fantastic response @gymrat ...
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzfill View Post
    Hi Guys!

I want to make myself a super simple solution of 7% Vegemoist in deionised water to use as a super hydrating mist between product applications. Only problem is the Vegemoist I bought is a powder and I have no idea how to work out 7% of powder in a water formula! Help anyone? Gosh I feel dumb! I thought it would be as simple as weighing out 7g of powder and adding it to 100ml of water. However, I have read elsewhere that you should formulate by % in weight, not volume. Is this so?

Also, has anyone ever formulated with Vegemoist?:
    http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/VegeMoist_/894

Thank you!
    Hi @Buzzfill did you ever make your solution? Was wondering if it has been hydrating for you? Is this something that you use on a fresh face or a final step before make up?

8. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements