What is happening to my skin??! (BEWARE OF "white up"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: What is happening to my skin??! (BEWARE OF "white up"

What is happening to my skin??! (BEWARE OF "white up"

IMG_2213.jpg
    IMG_2214.jpg
    Whats going on?? It's super itchy and feels like fire!! I think there's something weird in that "dodo" I'm scared

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

hey lightenme i've followed your journey, i'm a long time lurker, recently came out of it lol , tbh a friend of mine used DODO for 5months and she went from NC50 to NC44/NC45 with no issues, after that her skin started to get thin, so she started using it only twice a week with ikb gel. she has maintained her tone and even got lighter in some areas... it seems Dodo percentage of kojic acid and AHA is VERY high...imo that is what causes skin thinning on the long run etc...i think you overdid it cause u used dodo along with g&g and so many other things to get you to NC30/40 ( c'ant remember your shade but i know its nearly white lol) maybe all your skin needs, is a lil break and skin building. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a cream, it just has to be used right and not over used, and also depending on one's starting shade, i think its so much the skin can take before telling u to stop and it has a point where some product can't take u beyond a certain shade before causing breakouts etc

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessBright View Post
    hey lightenme i've followed your journey, i'm a long time lurker, recently came out of it lol , tbh a friend of mine used DODO for 5months and she went from NC50 to NC44/NC45 with no issues, after that her skin started to get thin, so she started using it only twice a week with ikb gel. she has maintained her tone and even got lighter in some areas... it seems Dodo percentage of kojic acid and AHA is VERY high...imo that is what causes skin thinning on the long run etc...i think you overdid it cause u used dodo along with g&g and so many other things to get you to NC30/40 ( c'ant remember your shade but i know its nearly white lol) maybe all your skin needs, is a lil break and skin building. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a cream, it just has to be used right and not over used, and also depending on one's starting shade, i think its so much the skin can take before telling u to stop and it has a point where some product can't take u beyond a certain shade before causing breakouts etc
    You are making sense that is why I only use dodo three times a week and I also dilute it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

hey lightenme i've followed your journey, i'm a long time lurker, recently came out of it lol , tbh a friend of mine used DODO for 5months and she went from NC50 to NC44/NC45 with no issues, after that her skin started to get thin, so she started using it only twice a week with ikb gel. she has maintained her tone and even got lighter in some areas... it seems Dodo percentage of kojic acid and AHA is VERY high...imo that is what causes skin thinning on the long run etc...i think you overdid it cause u used dodo along with g&g and sdo many other things to get you to NC30/40 ( c'ant remember your shade but i know its nearly white lol) maybe all your skin needs, is a lil break and skin building. Sometimes there's nothing wrong with a cream, it just has to be used right and not over used, and also depending on one's starting shade, i think its so much the skin can take before telling u to stop and it has a point where some product can't take u beyond a certain shade before causing breakouts etc
    I agree with this analysis ... Too much of even a good thing can be disastrous.
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

So sorry about this @lightenme ... Use diaper cream - its amazing at soothing irritation etc. Also if you're using any aha/bha product, cut back for a while and skinbuild alot (layer aloe vera gel with your skinbuilder) ... I applaud you greatly for the amazing progress you've made at lightening your skin - its very Please indulge me if you don't mind and kindly document your products & regimen which got you this pale.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightenme View Post
    IMG_2213.jpgIMG_2214.jpgWhats going on?? It's super itchy and feels like fire!! I think there's something weird in that "dodo" I'm scared
    "LET BROTHERLY LOVE CONTINUE : Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, bragging or proud. Love is not rude, selfish or easily angered. Love trusts, forgives, forgets & never gives up on people. LOVE SHOULD NEVER END" ... 1 COR. 13:4-8

is the pigmented part shadow? @lightenme 03-17-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ayr View Post
    is the pigmented part shadow? @lightenme
    Gotta be a shadow, its too perfect/straight lines otherwise
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Wow! How is your skin now and where did you get "white up?

Maybe you need to dilute your mix or add another skin building day.
    Face/Neck: Nadinola extra strength
    Body: Regular Labidjanaise cream and lotion
    Soap: Dead Sea Salt and Clear Essence Aha

Hidden Content

Yea I think you're right I totally went over board with dodo I would mix it with g&g then I would use a sauna suit almost everyday then I'd leave my soap on for hours on end and I'd apply my mixture when my skin was skin a little damp for maximum absorption and I would never skin build. I tried to give my skin a break but I ended up using RA every day and an exfoliating soap now I'm dealing it major consequences! Now I'm just taking a break and using ceve cream

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements