Skin Care Talk banner

Newbie just sharing my regimen for critiques

4K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 ·
Hey guys! So I'm new to this and have seen lots of peoples posts and regimens and put together one of my own and wanted to get your opinion of what I could add or take away for the quickest and/or most drastic results.

Daytime:
Neutrogena hydro boost cleansing gel (with hyaluronic acid for moisture and aging benefits)
burts bees rose water toner
neutrogena hydro boost water gel with SPF 15
ambi fade cream

Nighttime:
Mario badescu glycolic cleanser (2x/week)
Neutrogena hydro boost cleansing gel (with hyaluronic acid for moisture and aging benefits)
neutrogena hydro boost water gel with SPF 15
ambi fade cream

I got a moistrizer with sun screen since my face isn't a fan of a ton of products. I want to add koji acid soap into my regimen but do not know how or if it will be okay with the products I'm using. I was thinking of putting a shea butter and oil mix as my heavy moisturizer. My problem with the store bought ones is they are usually sticky and waxy and I hate that feeling. Please any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#6 ·
No I don't even know what an exfoliating journey is! I will do more research. And thanks I will look on that website and grab some! Do you know how I can best incorporate the koji acid? Should I exfoliate with that or exfoliate the glycolic cleanser? Or both?

#3 ·
Looks good. I would increase the sunscreen to at least spf 30. Make sure your sunscreen is "broad spectrum." It should say so on the packaging. Physical sunscreens that include 10%+ zinc oxide are generally recommended as the best broad spectrum protection.

I also agree with moon maiden that you should incorporate an exfoliation only phase for at least 6 weeks before introducing your ambi fade cream or other lightener. HTH.

#4 ·
No I don't even know what an exfoliating journey is! I will do more research. And thanks I will look on that website and grab some! Do you know how I can best incorporate the koji acid? Should I exfoliate with that or exfoliate the glycolic cleanser? Or both?

#12 · (Edited)
No worries the clairsonic wouldn't hurt and using the toner is fine. Use a pea size of amlactin for your face and use it all over your body as well. Yes I use extra virgin coconut oil to take of my makeup! Love that stuff feel free to use it just make sure it doesn't make your break out. Because it is does do that some people. It seems you are on an exfoliating journey since you only intend to lighten your face. Your face will not peel at all most likely. If you want a peel use maxipeel or ypo that will make you peel. No need to use any moisturizer over amlactin as it is a moisturizer. You can if you want to but it is not necessary. Yes please use sunscreen when you intend to leave the house.
I use fractioned coconut oil for my face and hair! it's AWESOME! it's WAYY lighter than the normal coconut oil

okay so I am able to use my toner for the first 6-8 weeks. My hyperpigmentation is under my neck and my cleavage and a few spots on my stomach from cysts. I'm hoping I can get rid of it from just exfoliation. Is that possible? Just sticking with an exfoliation regimen until it's gone? So would a sample regimen be:

AM: marie fare kojic acid soap (put on with a clarisonic)
amlactin lotion
sun screen

PM: fractioned coconut oil for makeup removal
marie fare kojic acid soap (put on with clarisonic)
amlactin lotion

and for my body wash my marie fare kojic acid soap 6 days out of the week and once a week with a sea salt body wash and moisturize with the amlactin?

when does the skin building start? What are the least amount of products I can use to skin build. I see people using like 5 products to skin build. I'm a poor college student I can't afford a ton of products right now. Would DIY vitamin C oil and a whipped shea butter mix be fine? Can the skin building products work on both my face and body? How and how often would I incorporate them?

#13 ·
I use fractioned coconut oil for my face and hair! it's AWESOME! it's WAYY lighter than the normal coconut oil

okay so I am able to use my toner for the first 6-8 weeks. My hyperpigmentation is under my neck and my cleavage and a few spots on my stomach from cysts. I'm hoping I can get rid of it from just exfoliation. Is that possible? Just sticking with an exfoliation regimen until it's gone? So would a sample regimen be:

AM: marie fare kojic acid soap (put on with a clarisonic)
amlactin lotion
sun screen

PM: fractioned coconut oil for makeup removal
marie fare kojic acid soap (put on with clarisonic)
amlactin lotion

and for my body wash my marie fare kojic acid soap 6 days out of the week and once a week with a sea salt body wash and moisturize with the amlactin?

when does the skin building start? What are the least amount of products I can use to skin build. I see people using like 5 products to skin build. I'm a poor college student I can't afford a ton of products right now. Would DIY vitamin C oil and a whipped shea butter mix be fine? Can the skin building products work on both my face and body? How and how often would I incorporate them?
Skinbuild at least once or twice a week. Using coconut oil or whipped shea butter is enough to skinbuild you don't need a lot to skin build. Exfoliation can clear your skin for sure. You can use a Sacliylic acid peel that is great for acne and acne scar or you can use a Sacliylic wash like neutrogena or biore, St Ives.

#8 ·
Hi @Wisc5199 ,this looks like a face only regimen. How about the rest of your body ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.