Skin Care Talk banner

NC50 until....

91K views 263 replies 27 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 ·
You know how you look at yourself and it seem like you're barely progressing in changing shade...until one quick or passing glance and you see a difference... Then a week later it seem like its not working....

This is my own personal journey just to track my progress and to collect data on what's working for me ..

No idea what my goal is ..infact I don't have a set goal in mind.. I'm scared of drastic change but then again sometimes I'm like oh what the hell...
Sometime i will see a person and think.. "Thats a nice shade" or i may see a pic of someone and say "yea i like that'

Anyway I would say my starting shade NC50

Illustration Graphics Art

I started in NOV 2016 to exfoliate

After ending my exfoliation period about the middle of JAN 2017

Face Head Forehead Barechested Skin

I have started using lightening products in Jan 2017... Natural lightners

Precious lotion
Precious ultra brightening gel
Sure white serum
**all mixed together**

Soap Kojic Acid

As of march 15 2017 this is my progress

Face Nose Skin Head Chin

Skin Joint Arm Finger Close-up

I've now decided to introduce HQ

Labidjanaise
Carotein serum
GnG (3 tbsp)
**All mix together**

Will be using it until middle of MAY 2017

See less See more
#59 ·
Update

So I left my sauna suit at home like an idiot... So I haven't "sauna-ed" in almost 2weeks (at least not properly)

What I have done Is cling film and LET ME JUST TELL YOU that mess is a NO BUENO:mad:

One its too damn long too damn hard and too damn much!

I've done this once last week.. And I've decided to do it again tonight :storm:

I love to use the sauna suit is that it helps my skin to turn over a lot... I so need to buy one.. Cause this cling film ish is not the business!

But sigh.. I gotta work with this until....

#63 ·
Cling film is only to be used as a very very last option and even then I still wouldn't lol

Got my sauna suit right in Walmart for $9 where they have gym equipments and such.

Sauna suit brought my lightening game up 2 knotches! It seem to work faster for me. Give it a try.... Sauna suits cause heat which open your pores which cause mass absorption of whatever is on your skin.. So give it a go..I'm sure glad I did!

#68 ·
Thank you so much! I don't think I'll go much further.. In pics I do appear so light but in person I feel dark lol so strange... But I think after I decrease one more shade that will be it

Evening out and maintenance will be my main regimen...

#69 ·
Ahhh... I know that problem well. With hands and knees you have to layer on more than you do for the rest of your body. Your wrist may peel but the skin on hands and knees is very thick. Try a few more applications on your fingers and the back of your hands.

In general, my hands typically take about 2 weeks to completely peel after the last application. I've learned that 5 days of applications works well. Your hands will go dark but don't worry. They will shed beautifully!

#74 · (Edited)
Some times I can be really confused by my own undertone.. Not that I'm confused between weather its a yellow or red undertone... Its definitely yellow... But I suppose its the variations

Sometimes I'll have like a paler yellow light look... And then sometimes is high more evident yellow

Oh well..

#82 ·
After the whole ADChemist hiccup I went to my trusty amazon and ordered a 40% lactic acid... I'm about to try this for the first time so I'm kind of nervous

I mean I have been reading up like crazy some people say 40% did nothing for them it was weak while others said its just good enough

Everyone's experience is different I just hope mine will be good.. I think I am going to take some and do a test patch and if it goes well I won't dilute it but if it is I'll lower it to 25% maybe...

But I'm very excited especially to finally stripping off this final dark layer on my neck... If not I hope it atleast help it a shade... Its about 1 1/2 - 2 shades darker ugh..

Also my hands and feet will be done too and if it helps I'll get more put in a pray bottle and start spraying my back and then start lightening there so it can catch up.. But I'm more interested in my neck hands and feet... The obvious.. Cause I pretty light everywhere else... I'll post pics lol

#86 ·
So update!

I TRIED IT!!! :shocked:

soooo it wasn't as bad as I was thinking like melting flesh bad I am relieved however.

So I tried it on my neck area and I'm soooo glad I didn't dilute this Lil power package lol

First I prep with witch hazel... Allowed it to dry... Then I applied the acid ... Waited for it to dry. I wanna say within the first minute nothing really then after... a little tingle in various spot around my neck... I allowed it to dry but I was still cautious.

Second quote it was definitely more of a burning sensation but not like "dance around your bathroom chanting and doing the rain dance" kind of burn but it was a level up from "just a tingle"... I waited for that to dry..I wanna say another 2 minutes then I neutralized after I just put some virgin olive oil on the area and that was that.

I immediately noticed that certain parts of my neck were slightly red but that went away in a couple of minutes and from what I've read completely natural ... I also saw that some spots were lighter instantly I was like... Woah there :hmm: but I'm counting that as a plus :wootrock:

But I do work from home and I plan on doing my while facial area
. but I do have to errands to run tomorrow so I did t do my face just now I'll wait till I handle my business tomorrow and then take a shower and apply since I am not going anywhere for the rest of the week.

I'll update on how its going and if there is a difference I will post pics

#92 ·
In other news...

As noted above I tried the lactic acid on my neck... Woke up this morning no changes my neck is the same but I'll give it some time since its a gradual process no complains there..BUTTT!

my face is micropeeling :hmm: I have no idea why I didn't apply any lactic acid there.. I mean I haven't changed my facial regimen in 4 months so its a Lil weird.. Idk maybe my hands had some of the acid on it and it transferred to my face lol.. I highly doubt but its not horrible but just a Lil unexpected... Oh well

Later comes the facial application of the L.A.

#94 · (Edited)
I think my chest area color is my goal shade... I know this bathroom lighting but you can see the diff between my arms and my chest about a half shade off?
Hair Face Shoulder Arm Skin

Got matched up at the mac store just for chest area since its my goal...my chest is more NC43 which is what I want. After that I think I'm good with overall tone

Haven't done anything to my lips but thinking I may try to lighten the top one ..the bottom is okay for now

I'll take a better pic in natural lighting soon

Bear in mind I'm coming from this over all color In natural light from a window
Hair Face Purple Lip Hairstyle

Still have ways to go I haven't accomplish much as my SCT legends on here but y'all got me inspired :dance: ....gotta remind myself at times how far I've come :rolleyes: :eek::band:

#98 ·
I think my chest area color is my goal shade... I know this bathroom lighting but you can see the diff between my arms and my chest about a half shade off?
View attachment 42961

Got matched up at the mac store just for chest area since its my goal...my chest is more NC43 which is what I want. After that I think I'm good with overall tone

Haven't done anything to my lips but thinking I may try to lighten the top one ..the bottom is okay for now

I'll take a better pic in natural lighting soon

Bear in mind I'm coming from this over all color In natural light from a window
View attachment 42969

Still have ways to go I haven't accomplish much as my SCT legends on here but y'all got me inspired :dance: ....gotta remind myself at times how far I've come :rolleyes: :eek::band:
Looking good you are two shades away from your goal.

#95 · (Edited)
:eek:uch:So y'all talking about SCT FAM and we show love here but how come y'all ain't told a chica that when you apply lactic acid its not there you feel the burn but its during NEUTRALIZATION that's when you feel the burn :shocked: :shocked: ... I mean dayum YALL DONT LOVE ME :naughty: lolol..

Y'all could have given me a heads up :roflmao:

I put it on my face... After 40 secs a Lil burning ntn major let it dry then did another layer... Then it started to burn a little more but still bearable.. When I got to 2 mins I decided to wash it off didn't wanna risk it

BUT HUNNIE CHILEEEE when I applied that neutralizer I was not expecting that initial "flip on the grill sizzle burger meat sound and the intense burning sensation" gurrrl I looked like I was a super sayon like goku with the fire like hair standing up straight in the air and big eyes :shocked:

But as quickly as you feel the intense burn it was gone all in all I'm just being dramatic it really wasn't that bad.. Just unexpected.. Now I know I'm ready for next time :reddance:

#105 · (Edited)
So one and half month later update on my over all tone...
Idk if much difference but I'm just putting it here so I can come back and see my changes over time.... The actual update shoud be in June but I guess a mini one won't hurt

March 15 2017 VS today a Lil over a month later comparison

Skin Face Neck Chin Lip

What I am most proud about is my rusty neck lol still needs work but its coming from a long ... I mean LONGGGGGGG way! :sad:

NW Midnight
Skin Neck Shoulder Chest Chin

And just now
Neck Skin Chin Violet Purple

I did do a lactic acid peel on it last night so you might see some dark patches which will peel soon I hope but otherwise hoping you see a difference

I just wanna say *steps on soap box* :arco: You guys rock! Thanks for the encouragement and help :five:

P.s. edit now that I'm looking at my pics I am looking a Lil pale aren't I?

#106 · (Edited)
So one and half month later update on my over all tone...
Idk if much difference but I'm just putting it here so I can come back and see my changes over time.... The actual update shoud be in June but I guess a mini one won't hurt

March 15 2017 VS today a Lil over a month later comparison

View attachment 43137

What I am most proud about is my rusty neck lol still needs work but its coming from a long ... I mean LONGGGGGGG way! :sad:

NW Midnight
View attachment 43097

And just now
View attachment 43121
I did do a lactic acid peel on it last night so you might see some dark patches which will peel soon I hope but otherwise hoping you see a difference

I just wanna say *steps on soap box* :arco: You guys rock! Thanks for the encouragement and help :five:

P.s. edit now that I'm looking at my pics I am looking a Lil pale aren't I?
See your getting lighter, keep going you soon reach your goal

#111 · (Edited)
Okay solo.. Maybe I'm not understanding how its suppose to work or I have skin of leather.. Cause I felt absolutely nothing... While I didn't wanna risk keeping it on my skin over 2-3 mins in case it was doing something but I wasn't able to feel it.

I totally felt like I could have kept it on a whole 30 mins... Cause I felt literally nothing.. No burning no tingling no ah-ha moment zilch Nada.. Nothing :eek:

if someone has used this soap and wanna clue me in that would help cause right now I'm feeling a Lil disappointed

Maybe I got a fake one? Idk.. But I was told this soap was strong and can cause pih.. I was like ohh okay this soap means business :shocked: .... But how anti-climatic this has been I must say
@moonmaidenHolla at ya girl cause... Le sigh

#112 ·
Okay solo.. Maybe I'm not understanding how its suppose to work or I have skin of leather.. Cause I felt absolutely nothing... While I didn't wanna risk keeping it on my skin over 2-3 mins in case it was doing something but I wasn't able to feel it.

I totally felt like I could have kept it on a whole 30 mins... Cause I felt literally nothing.. No burning no tingling no ah-ha moment zilch Nada.. Nothing :eek:

if someone has used this soap and wanna clue me in that would help cause right now I'm feeling a Lil disappointed

Maybe I got a fake one? Idk.. But I was told this soap was strong and can cause pih.. I was like ohh okay this soap means business :shocked: .... But how anti-climatic this has been I must say
@moonmaidenHolla at ya girl cause... Le sigh
May be the formula has changed cause some of the new ones I have tried nada! But my old stash still strong. It still works that means you can let sit for awhile before washing it.

#117 · (Edited)
Okay so it's day 2 after apply lactic acid to my lips.. No peeling or anything the first day just really tight skin on my lips kind of stiff.. I just applied EVOO.

Today however my lips are ashy AF and felt like it just completed 60 laps on a NASCAR around the race track :eek:

you see this is why I can't excuse people with ashy lips.. I mean how can you not feel that?? :naughty:

Right now my lips feel awful.. No pain hurt or burnt just HELLA DRY! :rofl:

Honestly I can't wait till this peels off cause lordy lordy...it ain't cute boo it ain't cute :scared:

I am seeing a Lil peeling tho... All in all even tho this whole process is a bit trying I think I would do it again to see if it will make a difference..

My bottom lip is okay in terms of color for me its always been light.. Its my top lip that's always been on the darker side... But it wasnt black.. But now that I'm lighter my top lip does appear darker so wanna try something with it

#124 ·
Okay so it's day 2 after apply lactic acid to my lips.. No peeling or anything the first day just really tight skin on my lips kind of stiff.. I just applied EVOO.

Today however my lips are ashy AF and felt like it just completed 60 laps on a NASCAR around the race track :eek:

you see this is why I can't excuse people with ashy lips.. I mean how can you not feel that?? :naughty:

Right now my lips feel awful.. No pain hurt or burnt just HELLA DRY! :rofl:

Honestly I can't wait till this peels off cause lordy lordy...it ain't cute boo it ain't cute :scared:

I am seeing a Lil peeling tho... All in all even tho this whole process is a bit trying I think I would do it again to see if it will make a difference..

My bottom lip is okay in terms of color for me its always been light.. Its my top lip that's always been on the darker side... But it wasnt black.. But now that I'm lighter my top lip does appear darker so wanna try something with it
LMAO:roflmao:........oh @Emmie your posts crack me up. Man, you are going for it aren't you, no fear in your bones, its GO BIG or GO HOME for you :icon_cheers:. Your friends/family are going to wonder where your getting all these tricks from :p

#119 ·
Update on lips

Well my bottom lip peeled off... Pretty much I see no difference after 2 days of ashy lips lol.. But I suppose lightening lips isn't a one time trip with lactic acid... But not even a Lil difference???

Oh well idk if I wanna do it again anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.