Skin Care Talk banner

Middle Eastern trying lighten face complexion to match feet & hand complexion, help!

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  flawlessBright 
#1 · (Edited)
Middle Eastern trying lighten face complexion to match feet & hand complexion, help!

I'm middle eastern though I was born in the states.

My issue is that I like most of my bodies complexion, it is pretty light in my opinion but face is really tan compared to it. I guess it's from sun exposure or what not. My mom is very white, but my dad is kind of dark. My mom looks very European and thankfully I got her looks but not her face complexion. I mean I'm not dark, I'm tan but I'd love it if I were her shade or very close to it.

So my goal is to lighten my face to the complexion of my foot. I know weird, but my foot has the ideal skin color I want. It's about or almost as light as my moms complexion. And I'm guessing if one of my body parts is that fair, it shouldn't be hard to get the rest of my body and face to match it right?

I'll attach photos of my foot and my hand in different lighting so you can gauge my complexion. Just to note my feet are a bit lighter than my hands.

View attachment 41513
View attachment 41497
View attachment 41489
View attachment 41505
My current routine for my face is the following.

Wake up, wash my face with a cleanser. Scrub it for a minute or two with Marie France Kojic Acid Soap. Wait half an hour, put on hydroquinone 4% prescription. Then wait another half hour and put on sunscreen and moisturizer.

Then in the evening I wash my face again, scrub it with my Kojic Acid Soap. Wait half an hour, put on retin-A 0.05%, wait half an hour, put on hydroquinone 4%, then put on moisturizer.

I've only been on this for like 12 days and I think I'm getting lighter but I'm not sure. I'm only going to use the hydroquinone for 6 months max and then use natural lighteners like Kojic Acid soap, Retin-A and kojic Acid cream mixed together and whatever I research more of.

Oh I also use the kojic Acid soap on my whole body once a day when I shower.

So what do you think? Do you think I can go from this shade:

View attachment 41521

To my foots shade?

Any advice would be helpful. Also how light does my foot look to you? Post people with my desired complexion so I can get an objective image of what my desired shade looks like on other people.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool thanks, and yes I always put on sunscreen whenever I go out during the day, and reapply if it's been more than 2 hours.

btw how long do you think it would take to get to my desired complexion? I'm shedding in certain places from the retin A and the skin under it is already really light compared to the unshed places. It's making my face look blotchy, but that should go away as I get used to retin a and she'd more evenly right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.