Makeup without zinc oxide or titanium dioxide?

Thread: Makeup without zinc oxide or titanium dioxide?

Smile Makeup without zinc oxide or titanium dioxide?

Hey everyone, do can you guys recommend any foundation/concealers without zinc oxide or titanium dioxide? I use a chemical sunscreen and these makeup ingredients are known to destablize chemical sunscreens.. And I have to use makeup as there is a white cast from the sunscreen.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

There are so many that don't contain these ingredients, when searching, look for the ingredient listing. Tarte, Hourglass Illusion, Channel, so many, just do a search and you will find plenty to choose from @HealIO
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

What other options do I have gymrat? I am having luck at finding many more. I came across a brand named Omiana but I think it has zinc oxide. And many other foundations say May contain: Titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines at the very bottom so that weeds out a lot of makeup

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HealIO View Post
    What other options do I have gymrat? I am having luck at finding many more. I came across a brand named Omiana but I think it has zinc oxide. And many other foundations say May contain: Titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines at the very bottom so that weeds out a lot of makeup
    @HealIO don't get confused, iron oxides isn't zinc, iron oxides is what gives the foundation color. You will have this in all foundations.

I haven't heard of this brand of foundation before, let me check it out.

I read that I have to avoid zinc oxide, titanium oxide and iron oxides... as they all destabilize chemical sunscreens with avenobenzone. Is that true? I have very very dry skin and zinc oxide sunscreens dry it out even more so I am going for chemical. Its so frustrating that I have been experimenting with sunscreens for so long and still can't find the perfect one.

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    @HealIO don't get confused, iron oxides isn't zinc, iron oxides is what gives the foundation color. You will have this in all foundations.

I haven't heard of this brand of foundation before, let me check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by HealIO View Post
    I read that I have to avoid zinc oxide, titanium oxide and iron oxides... as they all destabilize chemical sunscreens with avenobenzone. Is that true? I have very very dry skin and zinc oxide sunscreens dry it out even more so I am going for chemical. Its so frustrating that I have been experimenting with sunscreens for so long and still can't find the perfect one.
    So what happens if you use a physical ss that has less zinc like say 8%-12%, have you tried one. If I were going to recommend a physical ss for dry skin I would definitely say Devita or Pratima. Have you tried either of those? Both more hydrating then those that have a higher % of zinc in them.

As for destabilizing of avobenzone, I understand it as, you only need to worry about that if your zinc/titanium is coated, if its uncoated you are fine. To find out if its coated/uncoated, contact the manufacture they will be able to tell you for sure @HealIO .

9. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements