Please Critique my Regime (Male)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Please Critique my Regime (Male)

Please Critique my Regime (Male)

Good evening, Everyone

I've had what I like to call yo-yo skin lightening for the majority of my life. There has been alot of trial and error, emphasis on error lol. I would splurge on these expensive creams/regimes, losing motivating during my regime, or not lighten my body first and just focus on face. This extremely bright face contrasted with my very dark body would subsequently get me clocked (figured out) and later embarrassed. I've lived in California for the majority of my life where the sun is a relentless onslaught of Vitamin D torture, leaving me with a very thick permatan all over my face and body. I've recently moved to Washington where there's barely any sun, just rain and forecast. After lurking for a while, i've managed to scrape up a decent routine. I would love honest feedback on my current regime as well as goals, should they be attainable or not.

I plan to do 4-weeks of rigorous exfoliation.

M/W/F Mornings
    Wash face with Kojie-San soap (Leave on 5 minutes whilst brushing teeth, etc.)
    Vitamin C Serum
    Devita Burn-out sunscreen (I hate sunscreen, ugh. I take it with me to work in the event that I need to go outside. I'm usually in the building until its time to leave and there usually isnt any sun at this time.)

M/W/F Nights
    BODY
    Shower with Aloe Vera Body Wash (No skin lightening properties, just cleaning the skin and creating a clear canvas)
    Exfoliating Gloves + Black Soap
    Exfolating Gloves + Kojie San Soap (Cover body completely, step out for 5 minutes then re-enter to wash off)
    Lotion Applicator + LA Lotion homemade (I use Eucerin as a base and add a bunch of LA acid I bought from Lotioncrafters into my Magic Bullet smoothie maker and mix. Then I use a funnel and reapply it an empty lotion bottle. I use lotion applicator for lower, upper, and middle back.)
    FACE - Retinol .1% (I'm a male, so thicker skin I need the highest concentration possible. The others dont phase me in the slightest)

SAT/SUN Skinbuilding
    Jergens Lotion, I add Jojobo and Almond oil to it. Apply over face and body.

After 4 week i'll add a home made HQ concoction I synthesized myself using the following : G+G Pink Lid Cream, Tall Bottle, and Oil, Neoprosone, and a bit of CeraVe moisturizer. I don't plan on using the Neoprosone very long, just for the initial lightening spurt, and i'll remove it from the regime and hopefully be able to maintain. I also have Labindjainse Cream/Lotion/Oil on standby.

Other boons I have are I make Carrot Spinach Broccoli spinach smoothies and drink lots of organic carrot juice. I also take Vitamin C powder added to my water bottle on a daily basis as well as NAC and MSM. I also have TCA 50% on standby. I did a TCA peel on feet and hands months ago and had very great results. The skin on my feet literally peeled in one thick sheet and had a rubbery plastic texture to it.

I'm currently an Idris Elba skin tone and would like to get to the Omari Hardwick, Trai Bryers, Laz Alonso skin color. I love that peanut butter brown skin tone. Not extremely light like say a Chris Brown, but similar to Peanut Butter (this is the best way I can describe it). I'm giving myself 6 months to obtain it. (No I need to get light now for a wedding in 2 weeks posts, lol.)

So some questions:

What things do you think should be added to this? I'd like to keep it as simple as possible. I don't wanna go crazy over products, but I kind of feel like I already have, lol.

Being male what are some things I can get away with and some things I should avoid? I don't mind being aggressive with my skin if that's needed. I also don't want to cause PIH or anything of the sorts and set me back.

Is my goal realistic and obtainable?

I've read stickies, but would like some live feedback on my personal self-tailored regime. Please and thank you so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

If u can keep this up then more power to you. This looks like a great regimen. I can't say I endorse the steroid but I understand the urgency.
    I think your goal is very obtainable! I think anybody can do what they want with their skin! I'm going as far as I can despite any looks I get! I'm prepared for battle! Lol.
    Keep us updated!
    Face/Neck: Nadinola extra strength
    Body: Regular Labidjanaise cream and lotion
    Soap: Dead Sea Salt and Clear Essence Aha

Hidden Content

Thanks Brother!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Omg Omari hardwick is so sexyyyy!!!!

Anyway lol I think your regimine is awesome it's very solid ! Without a doubt you will reach your goal but what you need to avoid is over exfoliation because you have a lot of acid/exfoliating products in your regimine

When you feel your skin is getting sore to the touch or feel a stinging sensation when you apply your creams , it's time to stop and moisturize for a few days because you will be bruised up mess

Quote Originally Posted by meflawless View Post
    Omg Omari hardwick is so sexyyyy!!!!

Anyway lol I think your regimine is awesome it's very solid ! Without a doubt you will reach your goal but what you need to avoid is over exfoliation because you have a lot of acid/exfoliating products in your regimine

When you feel your skin is getting sore to the touch or feel a stinging sensation when you apply your creams , it's time to stop and moisturize for a few days because you will be bruised up mess

Thanks, chile! Do you think I'll be able to skip around the no sunscreen issue? I'm starting nights soon and I leave work when it's dark and get home in the am when it's dark. My sun exposure is probably around 1-2minutes (from car to work and car to building)

I like the Aloe Vera Body wash
    Don't use the steroid long term tho
    what are you planning on doing Tuesdays & Thursdays
    Good Regimen @Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by beautymark. View Post
    Good Regimen @Fenrir

Honestly I have no idea. What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Good Regimen @Fenrir

Honestly I have no idea. What do you suggest?
    When I was using G&g I didn't use sunscreen infact I've never ever used sunscreen while skin lightening and I've never darkened lol now I'm not saying everyone will be as lucky , not recommending people shouldn't use it ( it's important that everyone do it). I tried it one time when I wasn't skin lightening and it was too heavy on my skin . I think you'll be able to get away it but get some just in case and do lots of research on the forum. I'm about to start doing some research , if I can find a strong lightweight one it would be aaawwweeessooommmeee

No, I just wanted to know if you were doing anything else besides your regimen on those days. your regi is good tho. @Fenrir

No, I just wanted to know if you were doing anything else besides your regimen on those days. your regi is good tho. @Fenrir

Im probably just gonna skin build on those off days now that I think about it

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements