Personal AmLactin Challenge - A Bottle in a Month?

Thread: Personal AmLactin Challenge - A Bottle in a Month?

Personal AmLactin Challenge - A Bottle in a Month?

A year ago (I really can't remember) I bought 2 bottles of Amlactin. Since then I have only used one. I looked at the bottom of the unopened bottle (curious if they have expiration dates) and they do!! My AmLactin expires in May of this year. So next month basically. My personal challenge is to see if I can get through the entire bottle before the end of May 2017. The directions say to apply twice daily so that what I plan on doing.

I'm using this thread as a diary to keep notes on how my skin is doing and everything. I have eczema so I think this will help my skin.

Do you think this is reasonable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

You don't need to rush through your bottle of Amlactin, lactic acid has a very long shelf life. They put expiration dates on them more for selling purposes, so they don't sit on the shelf forever. You are fine using it, you have plenty of time. Applying 2 times a day is how you are supposed to use it. I am sure you will see a big change in your skin, keep this thread updated so I can check back on it
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    You don't need to rush through your bottle of Amlactin, lactic acid has a very long shelf life. They put expiration dates on them more for selling purposes, so they don't sit on the shelf forever. You are fine using it, you have plenty of time. Applying 2 times a day is how you are supposed to use it. I am sure you will see a big change in your skin, keep this thread updated so I can check back on it
    Thanks!! I feel better now that I don't have to rush through the bottle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

On 4/21

I applied it in the morning before getting dressed and at night before getting in bed. It is time consuming BUT my skin feels so moisturized. The inner part of my arms are my first goal shade and they look great.

Side Note: One day in and I realize that I've been really lazy with my body skincare. I'm a bit embarrassed about it actually. I have eczema so I should have been doing this all along.

One bottle a month while using it twice a day ? Girl I go through one bottle in 2 weeks using it once a day ! Do you have a extra large bottle or something

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    I have retin A that expired 3 months ago, do you think it's still okay to use?

Quote Originally Posted by meflawless View Post
    One bottle a month while using it twice a day ? Girl I go through one bottle in 2 weeks using it once a day ! Do you have a extra large bottle or something
    Wow! No I have the 14.1 oz bottle. I'm just lazy and don't apply consistently. I'm going to be doing it more consistently this time. I've already made up my mind.

For 4/22 - 4/24

Even if I don't get any skin evening or lightening benefits I'll still continue using AmLactin. My skin is nice and moisturized. And I'm even seeing a nice glow on my lighter areas of skin. I want to do a body scrub. Its a tumeric powder scrub. Would scrubbing be too much to do while using AmLactin?

Quote Originally Posted by meflawless View Post
    Damn lol you lather up in it? Lol .... Putting it on wet skin though does reduce how much you use and also absorb so much better!

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements