Skin Care Talk banner

YO I'm new to this game.

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kheyindae 
#1 ·
Hello there! I'm 19, and new to skin care. Mostly I want to get my skin acne-free (on the outside of my face and my back) as well as keep my skin from aging quickly.

I'm interested in learning a basic routine, if anybody who reads this has a forum topic where I could find a nice example or suggestion I would appreciate it!

Nice to meet you!

#2 ·
hey, welcome! the search engine would be of tremendous aid. Most skincare thread talks both on acne and lightening, I don't know the one that is fixated on just acne remedy. But what helped me in mine is actually salicylic and kojic with some occasional retin a (which helps in preventing your skin from ageing quick) and cod liver oil. I would recommend getting a ph balanced face wash (not a soap) like Cerave which contains salicylic, try out an exfoliant toner which contains glycolic (this is a great ingredient for both acne and aging) and an oil (depending on your skin type) would do. And get a zinc sunscreen like purple praire or burnout (also combating ageing and acne) for the day.
so your regimen can be in this form: NIGHT- cerave face wash, glycolic toner (on some days) and retina (on others), last an oil. Now there should be at least 2 days where you just moisture between exfoliating. If you are interested in skincare that treats dehydrated skin, read up Asian skincare (their face masks are amazing)
MORNING- face wash if you feel your face needs it or splash water, a hydrating toner (read up Asian skincare for this), vitamin c to boost your sunscreen and last apply sunscreen.
i sorta just wrote this in a hurry. hope i could help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.