Skin Care Talk banner

Darkening Bleached Fingers with Strong Chemical Peel?

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Kaile1988 
#1 ·
I am an African male and I have been using a very potent whitening soap and cream for a few months now on my face to deal with some serious hyper-pigmentation unfortunately i didn't use gloves in the process and now the sides of my fingers are now lighter than my knuckles. I want to get the sides of my fingers to be as dark as my knuckles but i am not very sure what to do? I was thinking of using a very strong chemical peel say TCA peel 80% to remove the light layer and expose the darker new skin. Please what do you think? You opinion will be appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi guy, it happened to me as well few years ago. I've dealt with it by just letting my hands alone. Don't do anything on it. Moisturize and also wash your hands after each time you use your lotion and then rub a moisturizing lotion onto your hands possibly mixed with some healing oil like olive oil or emu oil. The normal coloration will come back slowly over weeks.Actually, your hands don't need more chemical aggression. They need only care and pampering to heal.
When the coloration will be the same than your knuckles, you can resume the application of lightening lotion on your hands and fingers and this time don't make the same mistakes.

#9 ·
Its waaay easier to darken than to lighten. Just let them hands be and they will revert in no time. .... & btw, which soap was it you used? @Kaile1988

#11 ·
I do have a small question, the fingers are not getting darker. I think i have some kind of skin condition. I have left it for a few months but they are permanently lighter than my knuckles. The acid peel i used even made them lighter. I used bio-oil to correct uneven skin tone but that was not working either. I did some research and I found out that laser skin resurfacing can help to darken the fingers. Please anybody confirm if this is true and how much would this treatment cost for all 10 fingers. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.