Skin Care Talk banner

My dark knees progress with photos

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lightboy 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have had such insecurity issues with my knees. I have been on this site on and off changed usernames because couldn't remember the password or email to the account. Anyway in an old post I mentioned my knees being darker than the rest of my skin because of punishment that myself and my brother would be put on by my mother. We'd have to kneel down on our knees for sometimes up to 8 hours and also we had carpet in some of the places we lived in so you guys can imagine how much damage did this to my knees over time. My fingers, well the joints are also an issue as well as toes because of doing a lot with my hands and friction and that sort of stuff. This isn't meant to be a sob story about my life. I haven't worn a bikini ever without a beach skirt (sarong) because of my knees. I have never worn shorts or mini skirts because of my knees and for so long I was hopeless until I stumbled upon acids. i used tea the wrong way and it made the issue even worse, you know how it... you think using a higher percentage equals faster results, nope. So anyway right now I don't use any lighteners on my skin. I don't use any special exfoliating soaps I just have been using lactic acid with trial and error. i'm still working on my hand and toes and probably have over done it a little on my feet but nothing that a little healing can't heal lol. So these are my knees... in progress. The first picture is of my left knee which for some reason has been doing a lot better than the right in my opinion the second photo is of both my knees and the last picture is my left knee. No, i have not shaved because I wax and in order for me to wax I have to let the hair grow back to a certain length lol. I am black and Indian and I am a hairy girl okay since my Indian side of the family are very hairy people. Don't laugh. So on my knees I use 50% lactic peel in two layers every week. I just wait until all the skin peels/sheds and then wait seen days until I reapply. this is my third week. I don't why my knees look chubby lol. The first picture I took in my room and the other two are in natural light.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.