Skin Care Talk banner

Would these products be enough to get to my goal?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  moon maiden 
#1 ·
Hello, new here with a few questions.

After browsing countless threads for about a week into 2-3 AM I got some products and wondering if they are enough to reach my goal of a Rihanna skin tone. I went to MAC this morning and they said im around a NC45? I feel I'm darker than that but not sure. Nonetheless, my ideal goal would be Rihannas skin tone and do you think I would be able to reach it in 3 months?

I have:

G&G Lotion
G&G Oil
G&G Cream
IKB Cream
IKB Serum
IKB Gel

1500 mg Glutathione Pills (bought these before reading up on things, would this interfere with the arbutin at all? I stopped taking just in case but unsure)

I also use:

Marie France kojic acid soap every other day
Kojic face mask every 3 days - (has Mulberry Root Powder, Licorice, Kojic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Scutellaria Root Powder, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Alginate, Rice Starch. in it)
Cetaphil moisturizing Cream (Dumped .6 oz of 100% bearberry extract in it)

If you do not think it is enough or recommend something please do share, looking for the best results.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yes you can reach your goal using these add a facial toner to your regime, sunscreen and a lactic acid lotion and you are good to go. Take the glutathione with some. Vitamin C but you have to take twice the dose of vitamin C of the gluta than glutathione. 2000 mg of vitamin c is more than enough next time get 500 mg of glutathione and 1000mg of vitamin C. You can do that after you finish this bottle of glutathione you already have. Make sure to skin build as well.

#3 ·
Sorry, forgot to mention that I use a toner, been using a rose water witchhazel for about 2 years. I also forgot to add IKB lotion to the mix. Read through some threads and saw @john_Dave saying that it worked well for him and seeing from the ingredients it has LA in it but im not sure if it would be strong enough, is there anything you would recommend? Also what NC/NW would you say Rihanna is?

As for skin building I have an RA face cream on the way that I plan to use twice a day and also a 2.5% RA serum that I plan to dump into more Cetaphil moisturizers.

Sorry for all the questions.

#6 · (Edited)
Since I am unable to update my main post as a new member I will update it in this quote for now and delete the rest of my comments also, sorry for the spam

UPDATED LIST
Hello, new here with a few questions.

After browsing countless threads for about a week into 2-3 AM I got some products and wondering if they are enough to reach my goal of a Rihanna skin tone. I went to MAC this morning and they said im around a NC45? I feel I'm darker than that but not sure. Nonetheless, my ideal goal would be Rihannas skin tone and do you think I would be able to reach it in 3 months?

I have for Skin Lightening (are these enough to get my results in 3 months of about a NC42-40? Specifically the body mix):

*ALL MIXED TOGETHER** | How often should I be using this?

Body
G&G Lotion
G&G Oil
G&G Cream

IKB Cream (Why do I see no one using this? Should I stop using?)
IKB Serum
IKB Gel
IKB Lotion

Face (Ripped this from Sayura since it looked good: http://www.skincaretalk.com/showthread.php/68753-Dodo-amp-G-amp-G-Mix )

*ALL MIXED TOGETHER** | How often should I be using this?
Loreal collagen cream

Ikb gel
Ikb serum

Exfoliation:

St Ives Apricot Scrub + Orange Scrub [ Every morning/night]
Marie France Kojic Acid Soap [ Every other day or every day on my face depending]
Kojic face mask (has Mulberry Root Powder, Licorice, Kojic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Scutellaria Root Powder, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Alginate, Rice Starch. in it) [Every 3 days]

Moisturizing:
#1 Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (Dumped .6 oz of 100% bearberry extract in it)
#2 Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (Dumped .6 oz of RA in it)
AmLactin LA Lotion, added extra LA to make it around 15% conc. [Should I make the concentration higher?]
Retinol Cream Moisturizer (Contains Retinol, Vitamin B5, etc) [Every Morning and Night]
Vitamin C Moisturizer [ I try and use this every other day at some point in time]

Toner:
Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera [ I've been using this religiously for almost two years after any time I would wash my face, would recommend to any and everyone]

Skin Building: Still stuck on this one, should some average cocoa butter suffice? What do you guys suggest?

Thank for any and all help

#7 ·
Since I am unable to update my main post as a new member I will update it in this quote for now and delete the rest of my comments also, sorry for the spam

UPDATED LIST

Thank for any and all help
Some people prefer IKB gel to the cream maybe that's why people aren't talking about it your regime sounds good use your mix five days a week, twice a day and use a good sunscreen. Your skinbuilding routine is perfect. I use to use thayers affordabale and nice but I prefer rosewater to it.
Your amlactin is fine use the 15% for a few months if you skin can handle it then increase the percentage. vitamin c moisturizer use it twice a day it provides sun protection and has anti-aging products. Especially before applying sunscreen. I love your routine it is awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.