How to Heal from Chemical Peel Burns/Damage - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 First 3 4

Thread: How to Heal from Chemical Peel Burns/Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Doveyina View Post
    @ l have a similar problem to yours but in my own case after my peeled off I was so naive and didn't know what to apply on it and now I'm stuck with hyperpigmentation my legs really look ugly don't know what to do. Pls help . Thanks.
    Hey Doveyina. I'm really sorry about what happened to your foot. :/ I know how it is, I've burned myself a few times on the body with chemical peels, so I sympathize with you. I think SCT 4 Life gave you some excellent advice. I'm not a very knowledgeable person (especially not on this website as there are others who know way more than me) but I will tell you my personal experience and what worked to get rid of my hyperpigmentation. After a burn has fully healed, meaning no pain and no open wounds, I would use a fade cream. I have learned that my skin is stubborn and doesn't respond to over the counter fade creams after getting chemical burns. It works somewhat, but not enough to get rid of the hyperpigmentation fully. But that is me personally....everyone has different skin type so OTC fade creams (such as G&G, ambi or nadinola) may work for you - especially if you occlude with them. I never tried this method so I don't know what the results will be but I've seen many on SCT saying occluding with OTC creams work great so it's worth a try. I was able to get a prescription from the dermatologist for Tri-luma and it works miracles for me, very quickly. It's expensive, about 100 bucks but I seriously swear by it and I've tried many different methods of dark spot removal but it will fade any type of dark spots (even extremely stubborn ones) within a few weeks because it goes past the superficial epidermis and into the deep layers of the dermis. I was forced to buy Tri-luma because I have melasma on my cheeks anyway, but I used it on my hyperpigmentation from burns and it took 1-3 months to go away depending on the area. But it works great! I say though, before this, try SCT 4 LIFE's advice, and try less expensive products....it may work very well for you. In the meantime, just put some cute printed socks on to take your mind off the marks. It's really not that bad, I know it seems bad but it's not, it's not permanent but you gotta have patience. I had black marks on my skin that I hid too, and after a few months if you keep up with the fading process, whichever route you decide to take I promise it will lighten up and get better to the point where nobody will be able to tell it happened in the first place. Make sure you apply the fading cream once a day at least. I wish you goodluck hun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RoseBad View Post
    Hey Doveyina. I'm really sorry about what happened to your foot. :/ I know how it is, I've burned myself a few times on the body with chemical peels, so I sympathize with you. I think SCT 4 Life gave you some excellent advice. I'm not a very knowledgeable person (especially not on this website as there are others who know way more than me) but I will tell you my personal experience and what worked to get rid of my hyperpigmentation. After a burn has fully healed, meaning no pain and no open wounds, I would use a fade cream. I have learned that my skin is stubborn and doesn't respond to over the counter fade creams after getting chemical burns. It works somewhat, but not enough to get rid of the hyperpigmentation fully. But that is me personally....everyone has different skin type so OTC fade creams (such as G&G, ambi or nadinola) may work for you - especially if you occlude with them. I never tried this method so I don't know what the results will be but I've seen many on SCT saying occluding with OTC creams work great so it's worth a try. I was able to get a prescription from the dermatologist for Tri-luma and it works miracles for me, very quickly. It's expensive, about 100 bucks but I seriously swear by it and I've tried many different methods of dark spot removal but it will fade any type of dark spots (even extremely stubborn ones) within a few weeks because it goes past the superficial epidermis and into the deep layers of the dermis. I was forced to buy Tri-luma because I have melasma on my cheeks anyway, but I used it on my hyperpigmentation from burns and it took 1-3 months to go away depending on the area. But it works great! I say though, before this, try SCT 4 LIFE's advice, and try less expensive products....it may work very well for you. In the meantime, just put some cute printed socks on to take your mind off the marks. It's really not that bad, I know it seems bad but it's not, it's not permanent but you gotta have patience. I had black marks on my skin that I hid too, and after a few months if you keep up with the fading process, whichever route you decide to take I promise it will lighten up and get better to the point where nobody will be able to tell it happened in the first place. Make sure you apply the fading cream once a day at least. I wish you goodluck hun.
    @ RoseBad thank you do much u are a lifesaver will do just like you've said and I'll keep u posted as I battle wit it. Hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doveyina View Post
    @ SCT 4 Life, sorry for bordering u again I really do appreciate ur time and concern for me but just want to show u how the hyperpigmentation is like on my leg.is already healed I meant to say I applied penicillin ointment for two weeks is already a month plus now
    Oh my goodness! Hun, I'm so sorry La Bamakoise did that to u Now that I've seen the pic, here's the [I]NEW[I] plan..... I understand that u say that your leg has already "healed", but still, your body needs to rebuild all of those layers that have been lost from the Bamakoise-peel. Your leg may [I]look[I] like it's 100% healed, but I can guarantee you that there's still much damage that needs to be tended to. And actually, the scaring is a bit worse than I thought... So you REALLY need to buy those healing ingredients I listed for you in post #25. Bathe your leg scars with this healing-mix at least twice a day, and I'm the mean time, be setting yourself up to be seen by a good dermatologist!! I don't think those scars are anything this website can fully help you with with sweety. If u really want those scars gone, and you want to get rid of them in the healthiest fashion, then go to a dermatologist. Once again, I'm so sorry about your leg mishap. That's kinda why I refuse to do any type of peels. The most I'll do is RDL Babyface #2, and it works great. Next time you want to exfoliate, maybe try the RDL . Its a safe-peel that uses Retin-A .125% and HQ 2% . But for right now, your best bet is to apply healing oils and be seen by a dermatologist.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SCT 4 Life View Post
    I plan to mix..... •Shea butter •aloe vera •avocado oil •almond oil •olive oil •coconut oil •jojoba oil •castor oil •D-Alpha vitamin E oil I plan on taking all of these items, mixing them in a bowl/jar, and applying the mix to the damaged areas of my face.
    Hi @SCT 4 Life - I'm pretty sure I have given myself a chemical burn with GA/LA combo peel, do you happen to have measurements for your mix above? I would love to make this for my face to help with the healing.

TIA

~Denise

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBurney2015 View Post
    Hi @SCT 4 Life - I'm pretty sure I have given myself a chemical burn with GA/LA combo peel, do you happen to have measurements for your mix above? I would love to make this for my face to help with the healing.

TIA

~Denise

Hmm, I don't think I can give you any exact measurements, as I tend to just eyeball all my mixes. However, since I've written that last post I found something even better to use for healing skin (yaaay!!).

Get some Helichrysum Italicum, and add drops of that with coconut oil, sesame oil, hemp oil, d-alpha vitamin E, aloe vera and REAL Shea butter.
    (Ps, real Shea butter is ivory, not bleach white and not yellow or yellowish. I found that out from this girl who is basically a Shea genius!!)
    https://youtu.be/U9XzMd2AJu8

***Measurements***
    Mix the oils and Shea butter in equal parts. For every full tablespoon of your oil mix, add 10-15 drops of Helichrysum Italicum.

Also, there are about 500 different types of Helichrysums out there! Yikes! So, make sure u buy Helichrysum Italicum because that is the only one that has potent healing properties. In fact, the healing properties in this is so strong that it tends to make Helichrysum Italicum a bit on the expensive side . I I bought the cheapest H-Italicum I could find and it worked out amazingly for me . I paid $39 for 3.7ml and that was a steal, compared to what Helichrysum Italicum normally goes for. It's normally sold in 5ml doses, which range from between $70-$120. It's expensive b/c it can potentially heal your cut/burn/sore OVER NIGHT or in a few nights (like omg!!)

Well, I hope this info helped some and I hope your burns get better soon. If you have more questions, feel free to ask .
    I'm not on here every day anymore b/c of my young children, so please excuse me if it seems like I'm taking too long to reply... But, I will reply eventually (lol)

Take care, Ttyl
    Last edited by SCT 4 Life; 11-29-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosephan View Post
    Thanks so much. And I want to ask if I'm going to use chemical peel, how should I use it to avoid damage??
    What type of chemical peel??

I suggest you do your research on the chemical peel you are doing prior to doing it then you will know what to expect. Each peel works a bit differently.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

9. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements