Eczema on hands
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: Eczema on hands

Eczema on hands

I have had a cronic problem with eczema, or at least that is what the dermatologist has diagnosed. My skin, on the tips of the thumbs and three fingers on each becomes dry and cracks. The dryness usually extends down the side of the thumb and forefinger. It does not itch, but becomes dry and hard, cracking and scaling. It feels like my fingers have been dipped in wax. I have seen 3 dermatologists along with two other doctors, and have tried several steroid creams, other prescription creams along with just about everything I can get over the counter. Nothing seems to have any effect. I have had a patch test, with no indication of any allegery. I have also taken Grenz treatments, which is a form of xray and gama ray. That seemed to have a little effect, but nothing has really given any relief. I wear exam gloves much of the time at work and home. They seem to keep the mositure in, and give some relief. This has been the most disabiliting problem I have ever had. I am male, 65 years old, and this has been going on for about 2 or 3 years. I have never had any skin problem similar to this in the past, and I know no one in my family who has. The only other suggestion the doctors have offered are drugs that will lower my immune system. I am not anxious to try that unless it is the last resort. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    mbdean

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I think thats you best bet. Theres a little scar about skin cancer before, but with the amount it was used today, the risk is small.

Depends on your need , you need to talk to your dr again

any luck on your hand eczema?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I am going to the Dr. tomorrow and will talk with them about the drug therapy. I will probably try more Grenz treatments first, though. A couple of Drs have discourgaged using the drugs that effect the immune system, suggesting that the side effects could be worst than the eczema.
    Thanks,
    Mbdean

I had eczema that was bad a few years ago. Now it's not as bad and it comes back every now and then. But that's only when I don't use Goldbond. It works amazingly! Try it, all over not just on hands and feet. It is strong and will keep your skin very soft!

Taking immune lowering pharmecuticles is about as bad an idea as i could imagine. A lot of eczema and most psoriasis is a result of a compromised immune system. Compromised immune systems are pretty much the norm these days, so were seeing more and more skin problems all the time. Remember that the epidermis is our biggest organ. It reacts to our environment, internal and external and of course to hormonal/emotional influences.

The reason the medical fraternity dont have a sensible answer to this simple problem is because they exist (operate) within a very narrow paradigm. Too narrow to deal with more holistic issues such as this. Nutrition is also outside their "area of expertise."

Topical treatments alone aren't the answer. There are a couple of products out there that are designed to give relief that work brilliantly but without addressing the cause, treating the symptom will most likely be only a "band aid"
    Steroid creams are immune function supressents. Suppression of symptoms will not cure. In fact suppressing simptoms will lead eventually to the cause emerging elsewhere presenting even more dramatic symptoms. Good Immune boosters are available from naturopaths and health food stores. This is where i would start, after i address the following important points.
    Cut out any immune supressents, this includes processed Sugar, alcahol and coffee.
    If you smoke, dont worry about the eczma! You've got bigger stuff on the way!
    Do you get eight hours sleep? Your immune system regenerates when you sleep.
    Do you drink 2+ litres of alkaline water a day? I stress ALKALINE.
    Do you eat a percentage of raw organic Vegetables every day?
    Are you Happy? (before the eczma) Your thoughts create you!

Look Guys, its not rocket science. Eczma shouldnt exist!

Hi, I hope your eczema is healing... I agree with Baz I have to say. Eczema is an immune response to the skin's hypersensitivity, but reducing immune function is going to have effects on a lot more than your skin!

I have had eczema off and on for a long time, and I have tried ALL kinds of things, most of which don't work. Actually the best treatment I ever had was going to the Dead Sea. Soaking in the water there and going to a "clinic" (it was actually more like a spa!) wiped out my eczema for 6 months or something. But obviously, that's an expensive trip. I still soak in Dead Sea salts often, which really helps. There is something in all the minerals (there's like 120 minerals in the salts) that is amazingly helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by davejohnson View Post
    Hi, I hope your eczema is healing... I agree with Baz I have to say. Eczema is an immune response to the skin's hypersensitivity, but reducing immune function is going to have effects on a lot more than your skin!

I have had eczema off and on for a long time, and I have tried ALL kinds of things, most of which don't work. Actually the best treatment I ever had was going to the Dead Sea. Soaking in the water there and going to a "clinic" (it was actually more like a spa!) wiped out my eczema for 6 months or something. But obviously, that's an expensive trip. I still soak in Dead Sea salts often, which really helps. There is something in all the minerals (there's like 120 minerals in the salts) that is amazingly helpful.
    Thanks for the advice. I tried another Grenz treatment,(2 times), but not much change. If I knew it would work, I think I would make the trip to the Dead Sea. What did the "clinic" do? Maybe I could just try something like Epison Salt. About the only thing that seems to give relief is wearing exam gloves.
    Thanks,
    mbdean

Quote Originally Posted by joyfullam View Post
    No, unfortunately I have not had much luck. I have another appointment with the dermatologist in a couple of weeks, and maybe she can give me some more ideas. The Docs seem to be about out of ideas, though.
    Thanks,
    mbdean

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements