Are their any Atkins Lifestylers here? - Page 3

Thread: Are their any Atkins Lifestylers here?

I was thinking about giving it another go. I have a tendency to eat too much crap food during my main meal. Atkins would keep me on the straight and narrow. Cheats would be planned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLynne View Post
    I was thinking about giving it another go. I have a tendency to eat too much crap food during my main meal. Atkins would keep me on the straight and narrow. Cheats would be planned.
    my friend is starting up again... and i have to call her every 2 days to make sure she is on the straight and narrow the hardest part is induction... after that you are breezing on by... GOOD Luck!! if you need support... i'm totally here for you!!

Candy
    well that was fun!Hidden Content Hidden Content

Sorry, I went on vacation shortly after I last posted and am just catching up. Here is the basic cheesecake recipe I generally use:

Low-Carb Cheesecake - Sugar-Free Cheesecake Recipe
    Barb 46 Mom to 6
    Started:Vit C Serum Feb 2010, Retin A Mar 2010,TCA Peels Sep 2010, Radiesse Apr 2011, Palovia August 2011

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

ME! Lost 100lbs and maintained it til my Mom died and I retreated and ate like crap for a year. I've lost nearly 30lbs since Jan'; 14 of that was gained over Christmas!! I'd love to see 127 again, but....... I would really like to drop another 18lbs or so. One of my biggest motivators besides vanity for staying on the straight and narrow is my health. T2 diabetes runs in my family and I don't plan to ever shoot up insulin. Like most, I've done low calorie, starved, low fat, and they all backfired on me. Atkins/controlled carb is the only thing that works for me long term.
    51 years young! Skin Care & Makeup Junkie!

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Me View Post
    Sorry, I went on vacation shortly after I last posted and am just catching up. Here is the basic cheesecake recipe I generally use:

Low-Carb Cheesecake - Sugar-Free Cheesecake Recipe
    This is the only thing that makes Atkins do-able for me! I have to have some sort of sweets. I love the mock Danish as well, for the same reason.
    As. You. Are. Stronger than you know. More beautiful than you think. Worthier than you believe. More loved than you can ever imagine. Passionate about making a difference. Fiery when protecting those you love. Learning. Growing. Not alone. Warm. Giving. Generous. Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart. Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave. And so, so, so.much.more. Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFancyPants View Post
    This is the only thing that makes Atkins do-able for me! I have to have some sort of sweets. I love the mock Danish as well, for the same reason.
    mock danish as in cheese danish??? supply the recipe please!
    well that was fun!Hidden Content Hidden Content

go to the beginning of the thread I posted a link
    Top 3 products for skin Vit C serum, RA and SS

Yeah, it's Goat's recipe. It's fabulous in a pinch! I eat it at least three times a week!

I'm down 5 of the 7 I had regained over the last year.
    As. You. Are. Stronger than you know. More beautiful than you think. Worthier than you believe. More loved than you can ever imagine. Passionate about making a difference. Fiery when protecting those you love. Learning. Growing. Not alone. Warm. Giving. Generous. Quirky. Sexy. Funny. Smart. Flawed. Whole. Scared. Brave. And so, so, so.much.more. Be Strong. Be Confident. Be You.

I read something interesting in The Body Ecology Diet where she talks about Food Combining... she explains that eating carbs requires one digestive enzyme and eating protein requires another digestive enzyme, but when you eat protein and carbs together, the enzymes neutralize so that you can't digest your meal. The author says this is partially why low-carb diets work so fabulously is that you're never combining your protein with carbs.

I believe in low-carb and have lost weight that way, but I'm not consistent enough to call it my lifestyle.

I lost alot of weight using the diet - but after awhile I got concerned about the amount of fat in meat products that I was eating. So I dropped them and am now sticking with non-meat sources of protein (like beans, tofus, nuts, etc.). It's been two years and I have not only kept the weight off but also feel alot better than I did when I was eating all those meat products (eggs, cheese, etc.).

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements