Skin Care Talk banner

Are their any Atkins Lifestylers here?

15K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Kat585 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Thats wonderful Goat Lady... i really really didn't know how amazing it really was... i used to down Atkins... but now i can say that i love it...

How many years have you been on it?

What is your fave recipe?

#4 ·
how long.............about 7 now. I tried low calorie, low fat etc and found myself STARVING and not losing a pound. Got on the induction phase of Atkins and lost 5 pounds in ONE week. I was hooked.

Fave recipe got to think about that for a while. Still early for me and I haven't had my second cup of java

#6 ·
i found a recipe for a chocolate 'cake' that i adore... when i get home i'll post it... but other than that i think my fave recipe is for some faux mashed potatoes... i take califlower and radishes boil them, mash them and add butter and sour cream! yummy...

i have tried a lot of eat healthy options and this one works the best so far... 7 years is inspiring! i can't wait to state the same thing! yay!

thanks desertrose... what cookbook do you have? i'm always on the look out for atkin cookbooks

#8 ·
thanks Desertrose!! i'm totally going to look up that book now on amazon so i can purchase it... i love having good recipes and oh man the chocolate sponge layer cake sounds devine!!

my man totally makes a tres leche cake (3 milks cake) its amazing and only 3 net carbs per slice... he has some wonderful talent in the *******!

#10 ·
#11 ·
DesertRose i totally lucked out... he is a chef and is in college trying to learn to be a mechanic... he is amazing!

Goatlady you have this for breakfast its so tempting i'm totally going to give it a whirl... i agree that this is the diet to lose and to keep it off... my muffin top is gone!! and now i have the best looking curves! yay!!

thanks ladies it's always a pleasure to talk to you both but to also know there are atkineers our there!

#17 ·
I've been on it for 4 years and it works great until I cheat. I've had such bad cravings for the last 3 weeks which I haven't been able to control

I love this Almond Flour Pound Cake for when I have to have something sweet and fruit just wont cut it!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
1/2 cup full fat cream cheese
1 cup Splenda
5 large eggs, at room temperature
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup Cake-Ability Baking Aid
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream butter, cream cheese and Splenda together, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.

In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with Cake-Ability Baking Aid and baking powder, breaking up any lumps. Add egg/butter mixture to flour a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.

Pour into greased 9" Springform pan, bundt pan, ring pan, (or 9" round cake pan) and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.

You can change flavors for this cake by using different extract flavors and even food color if you like!

Makes 12 servings. 6.1 net grams of carbohydrate per serving.

#22 ·
my friend is starting up again... and i have to call her every 2 days to make sure she is on the straight and narrow the hardest part is induction... after that you are breezing on by... GOOD Luck!! if you need support... i'm totally here for you!!

Candy

#25 ·
This is the only thing that makes Atkins do-able for me! I have to have some sort of sweets. I love the mock Danish as well, for the same reason.

#24 ·
ME! Lost 100lbs and maintained it til my Mom died and I retreated and ate like crap for a year. I've lost nearly 30lbs since Jan'; 14 of that was gained over Christmas!! I'd love to see 127 again, but....... I would really like to drop another 18lbs or so. One of my biggest motivators besides vanity for staying on the straight and narrow is my health. T2 diabetes runs in my family and I don't plan to ever shoot up insulin. Like most, I've done low calorie, starved, low fat, and they all backfired on me. Atkins/controlled carb is the only thing that works for me long term.

#28 ·
Yeah, it's Goat's recipe. It's fabulous in a pinch! I eat it at least three times a week!

I'm down 5 of the 7 I had regained over the last year.

#29 ·
I read something interesting in The Body Ecology Diet where she talks about Food Combining... she explains that eating carbs requires one digestive enzyme and eating protein requires another digestive enzyme, but when you eat protein and carbs together, the enzymes neutralize so that you can't digest your meal. The author says this is partially why low-carb diets work so fabulously is that you're never combining your protein with carbs.

I believe in low-carb and have lost weight that way, but I'm not consistent enough to call it my lifestyle.

#30 ·
I lost alot of weight using the diet - but after awhile I got concerned about the amount of fat in meat products that I was eating. So I dropped them and am now sticking with non-meat sources of protein (like beans, tofus, nuts, etc.). It's been two years and I have not only kept the weight off but also feel alot better than I did when I was eating all those meat products (eggs, cheese, etc.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.