Melasma is breaking up!!! - Page 2

Thread: Melasma is breaking up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladolcevita81 View Post
    hi likamazon, i am not gemini, but msm is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in our bodies. it comes in all kinds of forms, capsules, powder, gel/cream for topical use. msm helps strengthen hair, skin, nails, etc, but has also shown that it can help lighten melasma.
    Thank you for answering her.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1 View Post
    Hi gemini5,

I'm very interested in knowing if the Athletes foot cream is still working for you. I too have suffered from melasma for 10 years. i joined the forum when i saw your post.
    Please let me know your progress.

Thanks
    Ana
    Hi Ana, Yes I am still using the Lotamin. I Get excited to see my face in the mirror after my alarm clock goes off I run in the bathroom lol. Its breaking up slowly. But it is breaking up. I also doubled the msm and vitamin c I was taking. My skin is much softer and softer also.

hi gemini, i am scared to use the lotrimin cream, and have me breakout. my skin is super sensitive to anything. do you think there is pore clogging ingredients in this cream?
    Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
    Sophia Loren

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Hi gemini5,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm awaiting the Wonder Bar Soap that I ordered a week ago. This product is suppose to be really good and has helped many Melasma suffers.
    If it doesn't work for me I will definitely try the lotramin.

Ana

thanks so much! I have the MSM and Vit C, I will try adding the grapefruit seed extract.
    'Do I love you because you're beautiful,
    Or are you beautiful because I love you?'
    ~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by ladolcevita81 View Post
    hi gemini, i am scared to use the lotrimin cream, and have me breakout. my skin is super sensitive to anything. do you think there is pore clogging ingredients in this cream?
    I am sensitive to breakouts also. Other then a couple of minor pimples I have not broken out at all. But I do only put the lotrimin on the melasma not on my whole face. I dont tend to breakout on my cheeks and forehead. I always breakout on my chin and neck. But I have to say after I started the whole regimin with the MSM and Vitamin C my face accually cleared up and my skin is softer then ever. I have found teatree oil is great for avoiding breakouts in general and applying it to the affected areas 3-4 times a day helps them go away faster.

Firefly ... good luck with the Wonderbar ... it did absolutely NOTHING for my melasma ... and it was impossible to use nightly as it really dries one's skin out ... it does make the texture nice at first but I simply couldn't stick with it ... keep me posted on your results ... I won't be re-ordering it and it is exceedingly costly ...

Libra

Thanks Libra I'll let you know how I make out with it.
    BTW gemini5...How long before you saw results with the lotramin?

Ana

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I took so long to update you on my progress with the Wonder Bar Soap but I only just received it yesterday...my order got messed up...just my luck...lol!

Any how...I used it this morning and my face felt very clean with a very slight tightness to it which wore off after a short while.

I used my DermaE Anti-Aging Moisturizing Complex with SPF 15..I know Wonderbar says to avoid anti-anging ingredients and to use a basic moisturizer and a basic sunscreen but I figured DermaE uses only natural ingredients which would be a lot better than using a product that has a lot of chemicals.

I'm anxious to use it again tonight...I will also have my daughter take a before picture of me so that I can share with you the before and after photos if in fact I do get a lightening effect from this product.

I'll keep you posted!

Ana

hi firefly! please do so! thanks for sharing!
    Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
    Sophia Loren

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements