Melasma is breaking up!!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 Last

Thread: Melasma is breaking up!!!

Melasma is breaking up!!!

Hi there, I too am 35 and suffer from melasm. Even though I have tried everything. Micro derm, peals, laser, Lotions potions, prayer even gse after reading up on line about it. I think I finaly found something that is working. As I am sure you know melasm is cause by several different things. And I was guity of all of them. Birth control "nuvaring" 7yrs, Sun worshiper, and I was a compulsive picker. Most of us dont like to admit that but its true. I would sit infront of the mirror for atleast 30 minutes a day and sqeeze pluck and scrape!!! After almost throwing in the towel I had an idea. Hyperpigmentation of the skin can be cause by fungus and I figured hmmm maybe because I pick constantly I am making the fungus spread. So I stopped picking. This is very difficult. So I only pick at stuff that is right there and noticable. Then I went to my local drug store and picked up anti fungal cream. I figured ahh it can't hurt. I dont think we can say brands on here but its for athletes foot. YES people foot cream. It may sound gross but its working. I am also taking gse, msm, zinc, vitamin c and milk thisle.
    Am
    1) clean face with mild cleaner.
    2) Sun screen, make sure it contains zinc spf30 or higher
    3)apply mineral makeup and go off to work
    4)9am on an empty stomack take 1000mgs of MSM and 1000mgs of vitamin C
    MSM works best when taking with vitamin c so take them at the same time.
    5)about half hour before lunch I take GSE grape fruit seed extract. NOT grape seed extract. This tastes terrible so I fill up empty capsules and pop it like any other vitamin. You can buy the empties in any vitamin shop. I take 1 capsules filled with gse 3 times a day. 20 drops in each one. I take them randomly.
    6)right before bed I clean my face with clarisonic brush and then apply the athletes foot cream.
    7)I take 100mgs of zinc right before bed. Its most effective not taken or eated with pills or foods containing large amounts of copper.

My melasma has been clearing up. Not lightening but acually dissapearing. I had it all over. Above my eyes, cheeks, chin, upper lip, chest arms yada yada. It isn't really dark patches but it was everywhere. Now the patches are breaking up I have a 2 inch spot on my right eye that is normal now. And it the middle if the dark patches I see normal skin coming back. I can not believe it. I am not sure if it is the combination of things or just the foot cream. But I started to see a major difference with the cream. I cant believe it after ten thousand bucks in treatments and products a ten dollar tube of foot cream is the answer. I do believe that my melasma has something to do with possible harboring extra copper which also causes melasma. Zinc offsets the copper and milk thisle cleans the liver. Hense the zinc at night and I pop a milk thisle sometime during the day. Sorry people about my crappy spelling. I didnt proof read.*Edit by Mod*

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote: Originally Posted by gemini5

Hi there, I too am 35 and suffer from melasm. Even though I have tried everything. Micro derm, peals, laser, Lotions potions, prayer even gse after reading up on line about it. I think I finaly found something that is working. As I am sure you know melasm is cause by several different things. And I was guity of all of them. Birth control "nuvaring" 7yrs, Sun worshiper, and I was a compulsive picker. Most of us dont like to admit that but its true. I would sit infront of the mirror for atleast 30 minutes a day and sqeeze pluck and scrape!!! After almost throwing in the towel I had an idea. Hyperpigmentation of the skin can be cause by fungus and I figured hmmm maybe because I pick constantly I am making the fungus spread. So I stopped picking. This is very difficult. So I only pick at stuff that is right there and noticable. Then I went to my local drug store and picked up anti fungal cream. I figured ahh it can't hurt. I dont think we can say brands on here but its for athletes foot. YES people foot cream. It may sound gross but its working. I am also taking gse, msm, zinc, vitamin c and milk thisle.
    Am
    5)about half hour before lunch I take GSE grape fruit seed extract. NOT grape seed extract. This tastes terrible so I fill up empty capsules and pop it like any other vitamin. You can buy the empties in any vitamin shop. I take 1 capsules filled with gse 3 times a day. 20 drops in each one. I take them randomly.
    6)right before bed I clean my face with clarisonic brush and then apply the athletes foot cream.
    7)I take 100mgs of zinc right before bed. Its most effective not taken or eated with pills or foods containing large amounts of copper.

My melasma has been clearing up. Not lightening but acually dissapearing. I had it all over. Above my eyes, cheeks, chin, upper lip, chest arms yada yada. It isn't really dark patches but it was everywhere. Now the patches are breaking up I have a 2 inch spot on my right eye that is normal now. And it the middle if the dark patches I see normal skin coming back. I can not believe it. I am not sure if it is the combination of things or just the foot cream. But I started to see a major difference with the cream. I cant believe it after ten thousand bucks in treatments and products a ten dollar tube of foot cream is the answer. I I do believe that my melasma has something to do with possible harboring extra copper which also causes melasma. Zinc offsets the copper and milk thisle cleans the liver. Hense the zinc at night and I pop a milk thisle sometime during the day. Sorry people about my crappy spelling. I didnt proof read.

I am glad your routine is working. I don't think there is a problem in posting the brand name of the product. If you bought it from a store/online you can post the name. Ppl have been posting the name of the products here as long as you are not promoting anything.

i agree gemini5 with nimmi. you can post the products you are using, as long as your not selling or promoting them here.

and that is awesome you are seeing results. i too believe that melasma is caused by copper overload. when i look back and connect the dots, to what led to my melasma, it was a number of things.

i was a vegetarian, eating soley fruits and veggies, and not animal protein, which i read that this causes a higher copper intake. i was on birth control for 5/6months, and also the drinking water i was drinking, even though it was filtered, i tasted something funny in the water, and i knew the machine had to be replaced.

the water here in brazil has a lot of copper in it, so this explains why i got this melasma. because i took birth control in the past, for 6 months, when i was in america, and i was not a vegetarian at the time, and never had a problem with melasma.

so far since i started my supplements, msm, vitamin c, grapefruit seed extract, which i do the same, i put the drops into empty capsules, along with other supplements, and topical creams, its not disappearing, but its not getting worse, nor is it getting much darker, i just notice it gets darker around my menstrual cycle. i also take zinc but 50mg, because i have zinc inside my multiple vitamin and the wheat grass contains zinc.

i read somewhere, where a lady used apple cider vinegar daily on her face, and this removed the melasma. there are so many different methods to try, if you are looking for a natural method. also i am drinking wheatgrass, which i was growing my own in america, which i felt was much more beneficial, but i bought the brand amazing grass, and been drinking this, and feel this helps not only for my melasma, but helps my acne, which now when i get a pimple, it is gone in one or two days.

i also was doing a number of colon cleanses in america, and i noticed my skin was wonderful. wish i had the ability to continue doing this. i would look into this.
    Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
    Sophia Loren

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote: Originally Posted by ladolcevita81

i agree gemini5 with nimmi. you can post the products you are using, as long as your not selling or promoting them here.

and that is awesome you are seeing results. i too believe that melasma is caused by copper overload. when i look back and connect the dots, to what led to my melasma, it was a number of things.

i was a vegetarian, eating soley fruits and veggies, and not animal protein, which i read that this causes a higher copper intake. i was on birth control for 5/6months, and also the drinking water i was drinking, even though it was filtered, i tasted something funny in the water, and i knew the machine had to be replaced.

the water here in brazil has a lot of copper in it, so this explains why i got this melasma. because i took birth control in the past, for 6 months, when i was in america, and i was not a vegetarian at the time, and never had a problem with melasma.

so far since i started my supplements, msm, vitamin c, grapefruit seed extract, which i do the same, i put the drops into empty capsules, along with other supplements, and topical creams, its not disappearing, but its not getting worse, nor is it getting much darker, i just notice it gets darker around my menstrual cycle. i also take zinc but 50mg, because i have zinc inside my multiple vitamin and the wheat grass contains zinc.

i read somewhere, where a lady used apple cider vinegar daily on her face, and this removed the melasma. there are so many different methods to try, if you are looking for a natural method. also i am drinking wheatgrass, which i was growing my own in america, which i felt was much more beneficial, but i bought the brand amazing grass, and been drinking this, and feel this helps not only for my melasma, but helps my acne, which now when i get a pimple, it is gone in one or two days.

i also was doing a number of colon cleanses in america, and i noticed my skin was wonderful. wish i had the ability to continue doing this. i would look into this.

Thank you for responding. Most of the info that I have learned has been on websites like this one. I just may try the wheatgrass. I was just hoping to help someone else out there. Most people think melasma is caused by the sun or hormones. When cooper toxicity and candida fungus can also be the root of the problem. But for some people that are guilty of everything that causes melasma it is harder to find out what has acually triggered it. Once you find that out it is much easier to treat. Truthfully I am still not sure what caused mine I only pray that the combination of things I am doing continues to work. Even my dermalotigist says just having the feeling of knowing you are on the right path instead of hitting a brick wall with every treatment that doesn't work is comforting. I thank God that I am in the finacial position to try things that cost a silly amount of money. Even though it was a waist for me I can atleast share my experiences with someone else and hope I can make a difference in someones life. I have tried HQ, "I do not recommend this as it is only a temporary fix and melasma comes back darker and it is toxic." Micro derm this may damage the skin and irritated skin can cause melasma. Although I did have good results in the beginning it removed some acne scarring.
    Acid peals THE WORST!!!! Laser too expensive and no results at all!!! Every frickin combination of potions from dermalogica, skin cueticals, murad the list goes on. Those products are very expensive and even if the work to fade your melasma you are waisting your money if you don't find out what is causing it. Your evil melasma will return with vengence!!! Trial and error of vitamins and anti fungal solutions seems to be the answer for me. I am convinced that I have an over dose of cooper in my body. Not because I am a vegitarian believe me I love meat. But because I was not consuming enough zinc which is a cooper balance. And possible fungus. I am telling you lotramin athletes foot cream is working!!!! And if you pick at your skin like I did then you could spread fungus. And we all know that picking is never good. I am still guilty of it once in a while because I think its a form of OCD but if your hands are not clean it could be so easy to put something nasty on your skin without even knowing it. SO if I feel like sqeezing a white head I make sure my hands are clean and I use a tissue instead of going to town with dirty hands. Everything you touch has germs on it. Just because you cant see it doesn't mean it isnt there. And after I sqeeze I cleanse the area to be extra safe. *Edit by Mod*

Hi gemini5,

I'm very interested in knowing if the Athletes foot cream is still working for you. I too have suffered from melasma for 10 years. i joined the forum when i saw your post.
    Please let me know your progress.

Thanks
    Ana

Oh God i have melasma too but not all over my face, just on my cheekbones. but my doc told me this is due to my hormonal imbalance which will not go until my hormonal problem is not treated.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird87 View Post
    Oh God i have melasma too but not all over my face, just on my cheekbones. but my doc told me this is due to my hormonal imbalance which will not go until my hormonal problem is not treated.
    hi bluebird, did your doctor say which kind of treatments to do to treat the hormonal problem? i took birth control, which caused my melasma. it was a low dose estrogen birth control to help with acne, which instead gave me melasma on my cheeks.
    Sophia Loren

wow.. lotrimin.. i remember when I was a little girl I would get marks on my skin.. face and neck and my mom would put this on me and it would go away. I may just have to try it again.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemini5

Am

My melasma has been clearing up. Not lightening but acually dissapearing. I had it all over. Above my eyes, cheeks, chin, upper lip, chest arms yada yada. It isn't really dark patches but it was everywhere. Now the patches are breaking up I have a 2 inch spot on my right eye that is normal now. And it the middle if the dark patches I see normal skin coming back. I can not believe it. I am not sure if it is the combination of things or just the foot cream. But I started to see a major difference with the cream. I cant believe it after ten thousand bucks in treatments and products a ten dollar tube of foot cream is the answer. I do believe that my melasma has something to do with possible harboring extra copper which also causes melasma. Zinc offsets the copper and milk thisle cleans the liver. Hense the zinc at night and I pop a milk thisle sometime during the day. Sorry people about my crappy spelling. I didnt proof read.

Hi Gemini... what is MSM?

thanks

hi likamazon, i am not gemini, but msm is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in our bodies. it comes in all kinds of forms, capsules, powder, gel/cream for topical use. msm helps strengthen hair, skin, nails, etc, but has also shown that it can help lighten melasma.
    Sophia Loren

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements