Melasma is almost gone - Page 2

Thread: Melasma is almost gone

I don't think sleeping with all those products can be good for the overall skin condition. Wrinkles/dryness, blackhead/pimples can form and then you left with treating that too...no thanks. As for all those supplements, it comes back when you stop. If it's working for you, great, but everyone does get tired of popping all those daily vits which I really think is not good to be taken long term.
    I would rather wash my face everynite and slather on my treatments to allow it to feed work on my skin during a night's rest. Then morning instead of using cleanser, will splash my face or wipe it of with cool water mixed with GFSE or witch hazel.
    I've tried and tested all treatments available for melasma and still happy with my Lactic and Glycolic Peels, good spf. My melasma is fading and lightening up, my peels are great for dryness and fine lines. Yes it will be ongoing treating it and I have to maintain it, but I think it's a healthier alternative.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjforever23 View Post
    I too owe A LOT to this website, so I want to pay it forward also. I have had Melasma for 4 years and had tried everything. I have paid HUNDREDS of dollars for Triluma, etc. I never thought it would go away, but I started reading this website in February of this year. Here is what I do and my Melasma is so pale it is managable with makeup. I take:

1000 - 2000 mg of MSM
    25 - 50 mg of Zinc
    1000 mg of Vitamin C
    4 drops of Grapefruit seed extract in orange juice 1 - 2 times a day
    I use Neutrogena spectrum + face SPF 100+ (this has been the key I believe)
    Clinique City Block SPF 40+
    Bare Minerals Makeup SPF 19

I finally yielded to the advice of a poster on here about not washing my face everynight. THAT IS WONDERFUL ADVICE! The mineral makeup doesn't leave a residue so it's not a big deal and the melasma does feed on the moisture, I believe. If you are ready to climb in bed and never come out, please try this regimen. It will take a few months, but it really works for me and my confidence has had such a boost. Good luck to all!
    hello somebody plz answer me, i have melasma too. but i also have internal problems like a minor kidney problem , hormonal imbalance and liver hepatic fibrosis. still is it safe for me to take the medications you mentioned above?

BB87 speak to your doctor...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Bluebird, I am not sure if it is good to take these supplements with kidney problems. I would ask your doctor...
    I use Vichy Sunscreen 60. I just need to apply it once a day. It has zinc oxide, titanium oxide, and a stablizor so the sunscreen doesn't fade over time.
    I found that MSM helps to make your fingernails strong. I like to drink the protein shakes.
    I am going to quit taking all these supplements and just take the MSM, Vit C., and a calcium, magnesium, and zinc. This will tell me if the MSM contributes to the melasma fading. I do not like taking too many supplements over time.
    I know sometimes I would be so tired from taking care of the kids that I would leave my make-up and sunscreen on. I don't think this aided at all in diminishing the melasma.
    The best thing you can do is get a hat and a super good sunscreen. I do the peels too. Anything that takes off the dead skin layers will help get rid of the melasma, but if you do not use a good sunscreen, the spots will come right back.

Quote Originally Posted by momto3 View Post
    Bluebird, I am not sure if it is good to take these supplements with kidney problems. I would ask your doctor...
    I use Vichy Sunscreen 60. I just need to apply it once a day. It has zinc oxide, titanium oxide, and a stablizor so the sunscreen doesn't fade over time.
    I found that MSM helps to make your fingernails strong. I like to drink the protein shakes.
    I am going to quit taking all these supplements and just take the MSM, Vit C., and a calcium, magnesium, and zinc. This will tell me if the MSM contributes to the melasma fading. I do not like taking too many supplements over time.
    I know sometimes I would be so tired from taking care of the kids that I would leave my make-up and sunscreen on. I don't think this aided at all in diminishing the melasma.
    The best thing you can do is get a hat and a super good sunscreen. I do the peels too. Anything that takes off the dead skin layers will help get rid of the melasma, but if you do not use a good sunscreen, the spots will come right back.
    yes i use neutrogena sunblock spf 45. my dermatologist doing some glycolic peels on me. it has lighten my melasma but didnt erase completely. thats why i was thinking of taking the supplements too but i have asked my uncle who is a doctor about taking these. he said he'd let me know. i also have wrinkles and i was using RA 0.05% for it but stopped now while the peeling sessions is on. will go back to it after the peels are done.

do u have wrinkles? what are u using for it?

Quote Originally Posted by momto3 View Post
    Besides the sunscreen and peels and supplements.. are you applying anything else? retin a? a skin lightener??

thanks

Hi, does anyone taking this MSM & GFSE feel nauseous I always feel sick then about one hour later I need to RUN to the bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird87 View Post
    hello somebody plz answer me, i have melasma too. but i also have internal problems like a minor kidney problem , hormonal imbalance and liver hepatic fibrosis. still is it safe for me to take the medications you mentioned above?
    Bluebird...you say you have a minor kidney problem, hormonal and liver problems? They are the reason you have melasma, it is a symptom. If you google theories on melasma you will see the connection. All three of those problems are mentioned frequently in relation to developing melasma and I am surprised a doctor has not noticed this, can you have this looked into? I think with the right medication to correct the other problems and fortifying the liver you're melasma will go away. I am trying accupunture and traditional chinese medicine soon and this holistic approach looks at things like liver and kidney function in relation to the skin. Good luck and let us know.

have a look at makeupartistschoice dot com and click on "melasma" on the left hand side. You'll find all the info you need on peels.

Thanks for that mjforever23! I have just ordered some Neutrogena from ebay (I live in England). Also, have you heard of a product called Skin tone balancer? Its by Nannic and I've been quite impressed so far. I have dark patches on my cheeks and upper lip and its helped to fade them by at least 40% over 6 weeks. I am hoping it will fade them completely, if not, I'll try using the supplements you recommend, though I'm a bit wary as I am very bad at taking any sort of pills on a regular basis - I always forget!

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements