Skin Care Talk banner

Another great bath

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Souless 
#1 ·
For those of you who take regular salt baths for exfoliation (& pleasure), here's another one to try. It is less drying than salt can be (if that's an issue for you) & it maintains the acid mantle on your skin. You'll need:

Powdered milk
honey

Get the powdered milk cheaply in bulk at a health food place or an ethnic grocery store. Buy the cheapest honey you can.

Draw a hot (but comfortable) bath. Add 1-2 cups of powdered milk to the running water. It'll froth & bubble nicely. Add about 1/2c of honey. You might add a couple of drops of a pure essential oil you like to add a great scent. B4 jumping in, take a quick 'get clean' shower with your soap & microfibre cloth. Hop into your bath & luxuriate like Cleopatra. this is one of the most classic universal ancient timeless beauty secrets. Our sisters & brothers from Ancient Rome to Greece, Japan to India, Mongolia to England, Egypt to Ethiopia knew about this one.

You can also add 1c of coconut milk to make it extra rich. This moisturises w/o coating the skin with a barrier that'll affect the way your treatment creams later absorb.

After about 20 mins, your dead skin rolls off easily. Gross, but true & necessary. After draining the tub out, rinse yourself off well BUT w/o soap or scrubbing. Clean the tun immediately. Pat skin dry, wait 20 mins B4 applying treatment products.

You are officially taking a mild LA bath. It exfoliates the dead skin off in a way that'll shock you.

See less See more
#7 ·
It really feels wonderful & you won't want to get out. If yours is a spa tub with either air massage or water jets (or both) turn 'em on & really make a spa day of it. Goats' milk works very well too but I can't really say it felt different than cows' milk. Use the one you have ready access to or try both & weigh in with your verdict. Perhaps you need to use more milk than I do in order to see the difference.

Fair Warning:If you have a CAT, do not let him anywhere near your bathtub. Barricade the door. Post an armed guard & ensure she doesn't obtain a forged clearance pass! The animal will go absolutely psychotic trying to hang over the ledge & DRINK your bathwater. It'll yowl & cry & beg & make threats. It'll leap into the tub & make (& BECOME) a huge mess. If you choose to ignore this warning & let your cat into the bathroom, I'll make things even worse by saying I TOLD YOU SOOOOO!!!! heehee

#8 ·
Quote: Originally Posted by

Fair Warning:If you have a CAT, do not let him anywhere near your bathtub. Barricade the door. Post an armed guard & ensure she doesn't obtain a forged clearance pass! The animal will go absolutely psychotic trying to hang over the ledge & DRINK your bathwater. It'll yowl & cry & beg & make threats. It'll leap into the tub & make (& BECOME) a huge mess. If you choose to ignore this warning & let your cat into the bathroom, I'll make things even worse by saying I TOLD YOU SOOOOO!!!! heehee

ahahahaha so true i have two fat cats and i din't think about what a tease a huge tub of milk would be! This mite be a dumb question but can you wash your face with it?

#9 ·
An important mathematical equation:

Cat+Bath+milk= 1 HUMAN with a MESS to clean!

Sure you can use it on your face. That is a good thing.BUT if it gets into yr hair, rinse well or you'll have that slightly sour milk aroma hanging about you (like a baby has).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.