pls help!chemical burn scar

Thread: pls help!chemical burn scar

pls help!chemical burn scar

hi!
    i am a newbie just on my journey on chemical peels.however,few months ago i did lactic 65% 2 layers and on one side of my cheek i got a bad burn,which has left a brown scar now.Can someone pls suggest any advice on how to erase it.i want to have good skin but i seem to do more damage than good.its so frustrating.pls..i need your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I had a really bad burn on my arm from hot cooking oil that popped and splashed from the pan onto my forearm. The most important thing that prevented it from leaving a scar was that I kept that area clean and iced....I used a Capri Sun juice pouch that I kept in the fridge as an ice pack....and simply followed the routine below.

For a chemical burn scar, I would recommend Vit. E oil. Applying Vitamin E oil directly on the scar tissue while it is healing two or three times a day, the Vitamin E will help the skin to regenerate, massage the area while you apply oil this will help the new tissue to grow normally without forming a well-known scar.

Massage the scar with a little water and baking soda to exfoliate the layers of the skin, removing the scar tissue. Baking soda is a common ingredient in treatments of microdermabrasion. Massage the scar with baking soda at least a minute twice a day and then rinse with lukewarm water and apply a thin layer of olive oil to help rejuvenate the skin.

Next, introduce an emollient cream that contains a combination of Vit E, D, and C oils that promote healing by replacing scar tissue with collagen rejuvenation. I used a cocoa butter based stretch mark cream along with Vit E & C, but I've heard that any cream for stretch marks that promotes healing would do (example=Bio Oil)...and as for my scar, you would never had known that I ever had it!

^ from studies i have read vit E has been shown to do absolutely nothing for scars, In one study the group who used vit e for scars after surgery had more scarring than the control group who used a simple emollient cream... aloe vera, bio oil, emu oil would all be better IMO... Also ktmktm try another lactic peel, its been a couple of months so the skin will have healed, start with 40% or something and leave it for a shorter period of time just to be safe...

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I'm in the same boat from an 88% lactic acid burn. Don't DO that!!
    Sunscreen is important to avoid hyperpigmentation from forming. L-ascorbic acid and AHA serum helps. Retin-A helps. Theses are all the usual suspects to lighten and exfoliate. And tincture of time. Slowly the burn mark is fading.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

I think pure rose hip oil is very good for chemical burn scars. I recently got some severe red patches on the face after using Retin-A. I put the oil on the red areas and they were gone after a few days like magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmktm View Post
    hi!
    i am a newbie just on my journey on chemical peels.however,few months ago i did lactic 65% 2 layers and on one side of my cheek i got a bad burn,which has left a brown scar now.Can someone pls suggest any advice on how to erase it.i want to have good skin but i seem to do more damage than good.its so frustrating.pls..i need your help.
    Hi,

I had a pretty bad burn from a glycolic acid lotion about a month ago, the skin peeled off not to reveal better skin but pink burned skin, it then turned really dark brown, (I was in tears for days) I started putting vitamn E oil on it (like someone suggested) but then I ordered some pure unrefined shea butter, melted that down, added sweet almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and papaya seed oil and moisturized ALL THE TIME, I even brought my body butter to work, and in a couple weeks the spots were fading (amost alllll gone now) the key is to MOISTURIZE and EXFOLIATE (which is different from just plain scrubbing you don't want to irritate the skin).

I was going through a "I wanna make natural stuff myself" phase which is why I have so many oils. Shea butter and a couple of these, maybe sweet almond, jojoba and/or olive oil would probably have done the same thing.

Also, after you shower you can swab with some witch hazel before you moisturize, it's really soothing for the skin. Just be gentle with the area for the next several weeks, use natural gentle moisturizers, keep it clean, and the scars should fade.

If you're gonna go OTC for a moisturizer I suggest aveeno, they have soy and colloidal oatmeal which moisturizes, soothes and (very) gradually fades some dark scars.
    Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!-Bob Marley

9. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements