Glycolic Peels

Thread: Glycolic Peels

Glycolic Peels

Hey everyone

Do glycolic peels work on Melasma? Do you peel a lot? My beauty therapist has recommended a course of 6 but I am scared

Thanks x

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

No it doesnt help much. my dermatologist did a course of 5 peels on me. it did lighten me at first then after few weeks my melasma came back. so dont waste your money on it.

i do my own glycolic acid peels, and i never peeled. just an exfoliation only, and it doesn't help my melasma at all. look into lactic acid peel.
    Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
    Sophia Loren

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

It does help to a certain extent, but won't clear your condition. It makes your skin very sun-sensitive though so you have to slather on that SPF ;-) I do Glycolic 30% full face and a day or 2 after I do a LA 70% peel over my darker areas ONLY. I've have seen a fabulous improvement and almost almost almost clear omplexion. You have to be committed to treating yourself and patience is worth it.

Do you do your own LA peel? What are the pro's and con's you think? I am definitely willing to try it :-)

Hi MrsT
    Yes I do my own peels and have nothing bad to say about LA peels. It's helped lighten me drastically, with the combo I do. I have never had side-effects and I leave on for upto 10 minutes. Even my stubborn freckles I had since I was 3 have faded. I use Skinlaboratory's line of peels.

Thanks so much! I have just ordered a 40% LA peel to start off with and will see how I react to it before moving onto something stronger.

Good to start off low and work your way up eventually. I go high because my skin is used to be treated with all sort of stuff so the lower dosages feel like water on my skin..lol The higher the % the better the exfoliation. Good luck ;-)

What helped me most with getting rid of melasma was taking vitamin C 500mg, zinc 25mg, and pycogencol 25mg. I made sure I wasn't taking any copper in my multivitamins. I had melasma all over my cheeks, neck, and lips. It took about 1-2 months but I kept with doing it!
    I used to have to wear full coverage makeup. Now I use tinted sunscreen! I finally have the clear complexion I wanted!
    I stopped taking the pills and it seems it has come back but not as intense where it looks like freckles.
    I also used sunscreen with zinc oxide 17%or more!

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements