Tranexamic Acid for melasma? - Page 3

Thread: Tranexamic Acid for melasma?

I was told to use it just on the melasma spots, so I didn't see any lightning off other areas, as i applied only to the dark areas. But again, I only used it for less than 6 months.
    I really hope it works for you. Keep us posted. xx
    Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.
    Sophia Loren

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Of course I will keep you posted. Lets hope it does what the study suggests! X

Hi all, Quick update as promised. I do believe this is working, ladies! It's been almost 2weeks now and I'm almost at the stage where I feel I could go without makeup except for tinted moisturiser! I had heard that the tranexamic acid simply sped up the effects of any regimen already in place, so I will tell you what I have been doing: Morning/evening: tumeric glycerine soap to cleanse face using a wash cloth in circular motions; Morning: bio oil (topical) 1000ml evening primrose oil 1000ml vitamin c Uvistat 50+ sunscreen Half of a 250ml tablet of tranexamic acid. Evening: tumeric soap to cleanse face; Pure organic rosehip oil (topical) 1000 vitamin c Other half of the 250ml tranexamic acid tablet. I have also been taking acidophilus 10 to counteract any candida as I do suffer from thrush frequently. This seems to have made a lot of difference. Hope this helps somebody, the change has been rather dramatic. Two weeks ago I had a full on hyperpigmented upper lip moustache and melasma/ pigmentation on forehead and cheeks which was obvious to anyone who looked at me. I can only hope this works long term! Will be coming off the tranexamic acid soon but will continue with the rest of my regimen x

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I will try to upload some pics over the weekend to show the difference. I would like to upload from photo bucket, is this possible?

Lillyflower Thats great news,yes would love to see piccies,gives us all hope, were the tranexamic tabs prescription only? do you know whether it would work on dermal pigmentation?

Hi poppy, I am in the uk and tranexamic acid can be bought without prescription in the pharmacy. This is only a recent development though, until a year or so ago the doctor would have to prescribe them. I believe there is an area of dermal pigmentation to the left of my 'moustache' which has responded, a bit more slowly, to this regimen. How can I upload from photo bucket? X

Wow that is a great improvement and in a short time mine is not melasma on.my upper lip but from hair removal, lf I take a photo very close up you can't see it much but from a little distance it is grey looking, I have Asian skin I will research into this some more, hopefully it can help thanks for posting your pics x

I'm not sure my upper lip is melasma, poppy, as I too wax that area x

Thanks, Where did you purchase yours from,I looked at boots and they say that you have to complete a questionnaire before they sell it to you as its for heavy periods?

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements