Skin Care Talk banner

How do you make BROWN skin (of the same shade as a tanned person) SHINE?

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  brownapple 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm basically brown skinned and I'm curious about one thing....this is naive but it fits along with my question...So when the JERSEY shore cast gets tanned and look as brown as me, their skin glows and looks radiant, but as for me, how can I make my already brown skin shine (i.e.- asian indian brown) without actually getting a tan and making my skin darker.

I'm just curious because maybe skin lightening isnt the way and I should appreciate my already brown complexion that white people desire to have. AT the same time, its just BROWN and I dont have that shine that say halle berry has for example. What is necessary to acheive this tanned, glowing look for people who are already that skin shade?

Thanks.

#2 ·
I believe that consistent exfoliation and moisturization of skin will help achieve that radiant glow.

I use a body oil after my shower - followed by an organic lotion on my body skin. I'm not "brown", but I do like my skin to look radiant.

#9 ·
Im already taking retin-a and have the microfiber cloth...can you explain the lactic acid part; is there a lotion i need to buy and where? OR are u referring to the lactic acid peel (once again, details are appreciated on what to buy and where)?

It seems like the consensus is that the lactic acid peel works wonders but I am unsure of how to start and what frequency I should apply/use it. I appreciate any thoughts on how to integrate it into my regimen.

Thanks for your help guys!

#10 ·
I do everything that I read above. This is what I do for the body, I mix a little rice bran oil or abssynian oil in my lotion when I want my skin to have a nice shine or glow. I live in Florida and am naturally tanned skin. I get lots of compliments on my glow plus it makes your skin so soft.

#13 ·
Once again to REPOST: Im already taking retin-a and have the microfiber cloth...can you explain the lactic acid part; is there a lotion i need to buy and where? OR are u referring to the lactic acid peel (once again, details are appreciated on what to buy and where)?

It seems like the consensus is that the lactic acid peel works wonders but I am unsure of how to start and what frequency I should apply/use it. I appreciate any thoughts on how to integrate it into my regimen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.