Skin Care Talk banner

why does skin lightening creams with kojic acid make ur skin go back to the way it us

20K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dizzlellz112 
#1 ·
from SkinGuy

why does skin lightening creams with kojic acid make ur skin go back to the way it used 2 b if u stop using it when it lightens 2 the way u want it?

#7 ·
whatever way you must have enhanced your skin color, ( lightening), if it is stopped, you will go back to the way your coulor was, sometimes, even worse! Even though your original color is light , the kojic acid enhances it and give a bit of glow to it. when this suddenly stops, its a shock to the skin. You will not only go back to being dark, the skin will be dull as well. The chance of having back your original coulor would be very slim. Because the dermis is use to receiving help from skin lightening agent, thereby preventing it to perform naturally. hope this helps.

#8 ·
becuz kojic acid products suck -__- the only thing the soap did for me was lighten my chest area and turn my shower orange >=(

iused it in hopes of lightening my face, but now im stuck with this extra bar =/ if anybody wants it just PM me iseriously dont want it and hate to throw it away its unopened

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.