Estrogen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: Estrogen

I use a topical bioidentical hormone cream with estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Since......2003. I no longer have my uterus or ovaries. It saved my sanity. I don't put it on my face, however.
    51 years young! Skin Care & Makeup Junkie!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I take a natural estrogen pill extracted from soy. I've been taking it for over 3 years, a couple of times a week except during my period. I've noticed general improvement in the elasticity of my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by xsheidream View Post
    I take a natural estrogen pill extracted from soy. I've been taking it for over 3 years, a couple of times a week except during my period. I've noticed general improvement in the elasticity of my skin.
    Thanks for your replies, Sandia1 and xsheidream. Xsheidream, have you had any side effects from this pill?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Again - if you are going to self medicate with something like estrogen - or any hormone - let your primary care physician know.

I have an estrogen based cancer - which we are managing, with allopathic and naturopathic medicine.

I avoid all soy and other estrogen or psuedo-estrogen products - in any form.
    Theresa - 47 years beautiful

I agree, TMeye. My bio-hormones are prescribed by a doctor and filled/made at a compounding pharmacy. I wouldn't mess with any hormone replacement without a doctor who I trust.
    51 years young! Skin Care & Makeup Junkie!

Quote Originally Posted by sandia1 View Post
    I agree, TMeye. My bio-hormones are prescribed by a doctor and filled/made at a compounding pharmacy. I wouldn't mess with any hormone replacement without a doctor who I trust.
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Thanks for your replies. Definitely not worth the risk of cancer.

I use Estriol vaginal cream, 1mg/gm in HRT once daily, (compounded at a pharmacy) and was wondering if it is safe to use it as a face cream. If it is, I would mix the Estriol with my face cream, but I don't know how much of the Estriol I would add to the face cream or how often to apply it. Would appreciate your wisdom.

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements