Skin Care Talk banner

Cosmetic Surgery Anyone?

66K views 130 replies 60 participants last post by  hippienerd 
#1 ·
I've got a cosmetic surgery itch.

I feel like I need to fix something but I don't know what, I think I'll get some lipo this year but I was thinking of breast implants too.

I don't need them, I'm already have a large cup but I want a rounder perkier shape.

Have any of you guys had the op, was it worth it, any regrets, is maintenance a hassle because I hear they have to be redone every few years

??????

All comments welcome

Cheers

#2 ·
gonna get my nose fixed for sure. had a car accident, that left my nose slightly twisted. my family thinks im nuts, and say its not even obvious, but it is too me. so i want to get it done, but by the best surgeon possible. still searching, and i think i found a good one near me here. gonna check him out, and possibly next year get this over with.

#3 ·
good for you lado, my rhinoplasty was one of the best things I ever did. I'll be getting my hollywood inspired dental makeover soon, then lipo, then maybe breast implants but I'm so scared to have fake things put inside me.

#4 ·
My thoughts, it's your body~face so it's your choice. I haven't had any myself but have thought about having breasts lifted and who knows with 50 fast approaching what else down the pike?
Get recommendations for a great doctor and do what's right for you.

#5 ·
Maatra, not only SHOULD you do your research -- you MUST. In fact, go one step further and look at his/her (I'm referring to Dr. patient photos) before and after photos but also get him to recommend a past patient that you can meet face to face and ask them straight up. Then you really get to see the real deal. Difficult to do I know, but if you can it will save you a lot of grief and give you peace of mind. Or vice versa, when you meet someone who's had nice work done (gym, church, yoga class, etc) ask them who did their work??

Boob jobs are one thing -- pics can tell all but facial surgery is another thing entirely. You don't want to be another Joan Rivers

I agree with the boob job thing. Not sure if I will have the courage.

#6 ·
Here are a couple of books that talk about how to find a good doc.

Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery sourcebook : basic consumer information about plastic surgery and non-surgical appearance-enhancing procedures, including facts about botulinum toxin, collagen replacement, dermabrasion, chemical peels, eyelid surgery ... / edited by Karen Bellenir.

Straight talk about cosmetic surgery / Arthur W. Perry ; with a foreword by Michael F. Roizen.

Also, before you go through with the surgery, be sure to view a video of an actual procedure being done. You'll want to make sure you know exactly what you're getting into and how the procedure is performed. And if it's too graphic and difficult to view, that may be a clue that you're not ready. Just a thought.

#7 ·
A lift is one thing, but I would look for a more natural way to enhance your cup size- if it's too much for your back it wouldn't be too late to readjust. And less expensive. As for lipo... If you are already in shape, this seems like something to consider: Body Sculpting with Smart Lipo.

#11 ·
I would not mind getting botox and juvederm. I am not going to anytime soon, but hopefully will in the future. I think you need to do, what you think is good for you. Check out New Beauty Magazine, they have a big section in each issue (4 times a year), On cosmetic surgery and checklists and stuff. You buy it in the supermarket, cvs, bookstore, ect. or online at Advanced Beauty Products, Facts About Plastic Surgery ? NewBeauty.com

#12 ·
One of my cousins had her. Boobs done and was so sick after the surgery. We all thought she was going to die because she puked for 5 days straight and the pain caused her heart to weaken but she lived and is only flaunting them like crazy! I always wanted to lift and plump mine up but after seeing her go through that agony I quickly changed my mind. My teeth are straightened with braces and whitened with strips. I know her boobs have to be maintained and redone every 7 years or so if I recall.
I have a few scars on my legs I'd like removed but have a very low pain threshold.

#15 ·
if I work out in the gym to look nice is it because I am unhappy with myself?

if I get my hair and nails done in the salon is it because I am unhappy with myself?

Please don't project your issues onto me darling, I love my damn self. Don't mistake getting a bit of cosmetic surgery with self hate because I guarantee, every celebrity female you fantasize about has had a tonne of work done so please excuse me for wanting to look my best

#20 ·
Listen, it just seem like you always trying to find a way to alter yourself. You can't exactly use working out because that's a physical change your body does naturally. Your body doesn't natural create nose jobs and other surgical procedures or...ya know...bleaching? Just asking, Ma- don't get upset.

#18 ·
lololol I used to wear a lot of make up when I was younger, all my man did was complain about it, didn't like me wearing heals either, he told me sneakers looked better.

Ok I stopped wearing make up and heals for a year, and what did he do....complain complain complain. Had the nerve to ask me why I stopped wearing make up lol .....men

#19 ·
That sounds like we dated the same type in our youth. I do what I do to look my best for myself, and if I want to run to the store free of make up and hair in a ponytail so be it!

Men can be contrary creatures! lol

#23 ·
Onilua- Asking someone "why you so unhappy with ya self?" is an accusatory question. Because it is assigning a label from the get go- unhappiness- it works on the assumption that someone is unhappy. Because of this, it cannot be interpreted as an innocent question. In some cases- like when it is seemingly out of the blue- it can be considered insulting. I know you apologized and you didn't mean to cause harm, but it's just food for thought.

#26 ·
thanks for your comments guys, I was depressed cuz my stomach looked fat but turns out, I was just bloated due to my monthly.

Anyway, I think I would look better with a boob job, I'll get it this summer, ooh I can't wait. I want kim kardashian breasts.

#27 ·
I have been debating about my nose. I broke it years ago and as a result the bridge isn't as straight as it used to be...I guess it looks natural though as though I have a cheryl cole nose. I am just kind of uncomfortable with that slight curve and especially that it came from being broken.
Since the change I want is very minor, I am kind of scared to do surgery because I have heard of people getting more than what they asked for. I want to look like the same person and just have my old nose back. Also the price can be pretty crazy.
Still deciding what to do....

#42 ·
Amethyst, plastic surgeons are doing amazing non-surgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers. I'm not a doc, but the way you describe your situation, maybe it could work out great for you. You might want to look into it more. I found some pictures on the web that show some examples. I am in no way affiliated with this website - it just had some good pics!

San Francisco Plastic Surgery Before and After Pictures

#28 ·
crikey if i had the money id do whatever i could!! not unrealistic stuff but a little tweak here and there. id fix an issue with my jaw my TMJ got stretched after wisdom teeth extractions and its always hurt ever since click clack etc! maybe a face lift or at least a mini one in about 10 years. zap some thread veins blah blah.

boobs i could do but would worry about falling over backwards and also having pudding bowl tits!! the rest i can live with as i take care of diet and exercise etc to cover the bases.

*goes off to find a rich old man

#31 ·
I learned another new phrase from Angel.."pudding bowl tits."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.