DIY Kassys Vit c, E and ferulic
Page 1 of 3 1 2 Last

Thread: DIY Kassys Vit c, E and ferulic

DIY Kassys Vit c, E and ferulic

Did this followed dir. exactly and got a PH of 2? Can you put that on your skin? Or is that too acidic? How do I make it higher, the PH to 3.5? Thanks
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

The pH doesn't need to be 3.5 exactly, but that does sound low. You could patch test it and see how it feels on your skin - near your jawline or ear. To raise the pH you need something neutral or basic - water is neutral, baking soda would be basic. Let the experts chime in though. Does it have a weird smell, others have reported a hot doggy smell, but that could be from nuking the FA? I will be making my first batch this weekend.
    Bury the demons, brace for the fall, Things can be different, we could belong.

smells fine. I will try adding some water.
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by valerie1017 View Post
    smells fine. I will try adding some water.
    Tiny amounts at a time....you don't want it to go over 3.5 or it won't be effective.

My serum hovers around 2.5 also. If you want to adjust the pH so its less acid you can use T.E.A.. Sometimes I substitute a GoW hydrosol for the distilled water which adjusts the pH a bit too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote Originally Posted by fawnie View Post
    My serum hovers around 2.5 also. If you want to adjust the pH so its less acid you can use T.E.A.. Sometimes I substitute a GoW hydrosol for the distilled water which adjusts the pH a bit too.
    Which GoW hydrosol flavor do you use? I was gonna try it with orange blossom (neroli) hydrosol. That's the one they use in their Majik C serum. I want the starfruit one but it's never in stock when I check. I hope it turns out well with the neroli one.

Sounds good! They are all good. I've used starfruit, cornflower, frankincense, and glacier water liposome gel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

nope, didn't work. Sucks bc the texture was great. I did a patch test and it burned, so not sure that is so good. Ahhh. Will stick with basic Vit c with gycerin.
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

Adding water will only dilute the % of the ingreds really. Since you've already made the serum, you might try just leaving it on for a short period, like 20 min and rinsing it off. That's enuf time to get the LAA into your skin cells but maybe reduce the exfoliating properties and irritation from the low pH if it bothers you, Valerie. HTH a little.

Where are you guys buying your PH strips? I'm going to start making my own serum too.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements