Skin Care Talk banner

DIY Kassys Vit c, E and ferulic

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  ORcoastl 
#1 ·
Did this followed dir. exactly and got a PH of 2? Can you put that on your skin? Or is that too acidic? How do I make it higher, the PH to 3.5? Thanks

#2 ·
The pH doesn't need to be 3.5 exactly, but that does sound low. You could patch test it and see how it feels on your skin - near your jawline or ear. To raise the pH you need something neutral or basic - water is neutral, baking soda would be basic. Let the experts chime in though. Does it have a weird smell, others have reported a hot doggy smell, but that could be from nuking the FA? I will be making my first batch this weekend.

#6 ·
Which GoW hydrosol flavor do you use? I was gonna try it with orange blossom (neroli) hydrosol. That's the one they use in their Majik C serum. I want the starfruit one but it's never in stock when I check. I hope it turns out well with the neroli one.

#9 ·
Adding water will only dilute the % of the ingreds really. Since you've already made the serum, you might try just leaving it on for a short period, like 20 min and rinsing it off. That's enuf time to get the LAA into your skin cells but maybe reduce the exfoliating properties and irritation from the low pH if it bothers you, Valerie. HTH a little.

#16 ·
You could always use it on your neck and decollete as well - pending that it doesn't burn in those places. You could always use a little less LAA in the next batch and see if that helps the raise the pH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.