Scalp Psoriasis and Dandruff problems
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Scalp Psoriasis and Dandruff problems

Scalp Psoriasis and Dandruff problems

I am suffering from scalp psoriasis and dandruff problems. After reading a bit more about this, I found that aloe vera hair gel could be of good help for. Can someone please guide me on which doctor to consult for this and whether aloe vera gel would be the right treatment for this disease?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

hey. If you have severe scalp problems, I'd personally recommend (just from experience) that you consider stronger, synthetic drugs. I use Head and Shoulders every time I shampoo. At one point, I used Diprolene (a liquid, prescription, cortison-like products) in my hair to control the itching and inflammation. These days, I use liquid retin-a (.025%) on my scalp every other night; this, in combination with the head and shoulders, seems to keep my scalp pretty healthy.

Herbal medicine is great and all, but if you have severe problems I think you should start out with FDA-approved options, then work on adding in "alternative" treatments once the worst of the symptoms are under control. Just my opinion, though--I'm not a doctor or anything, this is just what I've experienced.

Black curant oil, GLA omega 6, both applied topically, and taken orally in capsule form helps with Psoriasis.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I also have psoriasis Its in the back of my head in my scalp which caused my hair to fall out and it kind of spreaded some. It itches really bad sometimes. My lawd. I just want my hair to grow back there. Its not completely bald but it kind of looks like I've gotten a close haircut and the hair is not growing for nothing. I believe it started when I was in the 3rd grade around that age. At first it was just like a minor rash on the right side in the back of my neck and I had no idea where it came from and why I had it. It was always moist kind of and wet like and I used to put some kind of medicine on it and eventually it cleared up some. But now it is just so annoying! I cant stand it and it bothers me how something that was small spreaded to the left side of my head in my scalp. I had healthy thick hair and now psoriasis has destroyed the back of my hair. I wish it was at least somewhere that I can hide it but not ruining my damn hair! What can help make my hair grow? Please let me know if any of you use or tried anything that can help control the symptoms of psoriasis.
    Me: "Do you love me?" Hidden Content
    Them: Hidden Content

"I DONT PIMP THEM, THEY PIMP THEMSELVES"Hidden Content

Salicylic acid might help peel the flakes temporary. Look for shampoos that has at least 2% of SA, buy an ointment from pharmacy with 2% SA and apply it on scalp.

i tried all the shampoo's available over the counter. i used neutrogena tar shampoo, neutrogena salacylic acid shampoo, neutrogena sulfur shampoo, and zinc shampoos. the tar shampoo was harsh on my hair, the salacylic shampoo, made my scalp burn, the sulfur shampoo made my scalp burn also. the only thing that works that doesn't destroy my long hair is the zinc shampoo. i gave each shampoo a month to work. towards the end of the month is when i started feeling burning on my scalp. i haven't lost any hair but none really helped my psoriasis either. zinc shampoo helps keep it minimal in flaking. i use the one with a conditioner mixed. i also use argon oil around my scalp areas. not exactly in my hair areas but up to my hairline. you just have to try different things to find what is right for you. argon oil is good. rosehips and hibiscus cream is excellent for skin lesions. i leave the shampoo on for about 5 to 10 minutes. then rinse really well. then apply the oil or cream around my hairline. it helps but doesn't work 100%.

I had it and saw a doctor in Manhattan who gave me some sample of very expensive foam because I could not afford $500 so frequently, they seemed to work pretty good.

Luckily my diet cleared it all up by accident. I'm not sure what part though to be honest I had to cut out so many things. When I slide I get some light symptoms again but never as bad as it was.

Head and Shoulders made my psoriasis much worst. I find that creamy shampoos and conditioners don't wash out well unlike clear gel poos and dish, which causes build up and makes psoriasis much worst.

I suffered with scalp Psoriasis for 18 years, it was the bane of my life...I tried every lotion and potion going!
    Some worked for a while then I'd have to search for something else when the effects stopped working.

Forward on to the age of 25 when I became pregnant with my first child...this is when I decided to start eating very healthy.
    I start eating oily fish for the first time in my life...I continued eating oily fish and loads of raw veg 5 times a week, 3 months into my pregnancy Psoriasis totally vanished....8 years on and still no sign of it returning!!! what a relief.

I honestly think the change in my diet and the introduction of oily fish played a big part in getting rid of it.

Just wanted to share this and make people aware that other then lotions diet plays a big part in curing Psoriasis.

I hope someday like me you're all free from it :-)

i posted in this forum under psoriasis that i have had really good results from a sls free shampoo. head and shoulders was good for a while but when i was given a sls free shampoo my back psoriasis didn't worsen. actually it seemed to calm down. i still use my rosehips and hibiscus cream but using this shampoo has really helped. i think any sls free shampoo will work. i have had a breakout on my back for 5 years that has never really went away. but i keep trying. by the way i have hip length hair.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements