Skin Care Talk banner

Age appropriate clothing?

94K views 148 replies 27 participants last post by  beyrouth 
#1 ·
Now that I'm 35, I'm having a hard time getting dressed these days. I love fashion, but not sure what to wear for my age? I don't want to look too young, nor too old?
When people meet me for the first time they assume I'm about 25/26 years old. When I reveal kids, marriage then age they are blown away or think I'm lying about my real age? I have a few fabulous items in my wardrobe but I'm clueless about how to dress appropriately for my new age. I'm not into short shorts, mini-skirts, nor revealing too much flesh like cleavage anymore. I've done so much of it when i was younger that I now prefer looking a bit more sophisticated but need that sophistication to be age appropriate? My husband doesn't understand why I'm not into tight and sexy anymore, I am not comfortable dressing up in that way anymore?
Ideas and advice are always welcome ;-)

Thanks in advance!

#140 ·
i used to have a friend who was a fashion stylist and she was sooo skinny my god that pic has just reminded me of her. she said she had an allergy to sugar and her teeth were rotten spent a fortune on veneers. so i think she basically was anorexic bulimic as she was stick thin and not large as some bulimics can be.

#141 ·
Donatella's daughter suffers from an eating disorder, I'm not sure which one. She has nearly died a couple of times.

#144 ·
Well I'm 44yrs but every thinks I lie as well and rate me very young, due to my size and height, anyway my clothing range has changed as well and I love and wear Victoria Beckams, Jackie Onasis kind of cloths.

I used to be a fashion junkie but not as much as before, focus changed to skin now

#147 ·
I think it's cool that people think you're 25... it's better than otherwise =))) In my opinion there's Nothing wrong with wearing sexy clothes..I don't mean super short skirts or shorts... but beautiful and elegant dresses are classy and sexy .... But I think you should wear what's comfortable for you and at the same time you should feel that you're attractive.. =)

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.