Skin Care Talk banner

22, got rosecea and im gutted.

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Jenese 
#1 ·
I posted earlier today in the basic skin care section just after a skin care regimen for sensitive skin. Although after going through these forums today ive obviously got rosecea. My mum had it too so ive got her to thank. I know self diagnosing is dodgy but trust me its rosecea. red skin, racoon eyes n everything.

So, Ive been swatting up on all the facts today and wow theres a lot of products. Would treating it a sensitive skin and sorting out my diet do the trick??

Im definitely gunna have to make an appointment with my doctor. whats usually the routine there? just gonna throw some pills at me or something?

#2 ·
actually the doc might throw some creams at you. there are prescription in the us but we have really strict controls on some creams. sorting out your diet might help. there are some companies that make otc creams for rosecea you could try them. treat your skin very carefully.

#7 ·
Be careful using scrubs as the skin is sensitive when you have rosecea and can worsen it.
When you have rosecea you will notice that patches of fine capillaries are very noticeable.
Skin will become scaly and dry on the surface. In really bad cases you will also form small pustule lumps.
Rosecea is not curable but can be controlled. Definitely see you dermatologist more so than the local GP.
I had a very bad case of Rosecea on my cheeks a few years ago and no creams seemed to help. I finally had 10 treatments of IPL (Intense Pulse Laser). These treatments were 3 weeks apart and my face healed slowly over this time.
At the time I thought it had cured it but started to notice my cheeks getting red and patches of surface capillaries about 4 years later.
I have just had another 3 IPL treatments and my skin has come good again.
I am over the moon and think this is the best treatment for this condition.
Also a good diet and skin care regime using only natural ingredients.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.