Are There Any Skin Bleaches That Really Work?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Are There Any Skin Bleaches That Really Work?

Are There Any Skin Bleaches That Really Work?

This may be a simple question, but there rarely, if ever, is a simple answer--which is understandable. There is such a vast array of skin bleaching systems out there. It's almost impossible to find the needle in the haystack--if the needle is even there.

I have searched high and low for a legitimate skin lightening agent and it is a tedious task! The several that I have used either don't work AT ALL, or take so long to work that I just give up halfway through, realizing the amount money that would add up over time as I buy replacments (virtually, not working at all); I often read the reviews before considering a purchase. There's such a thing as patience, but then there is such a thing as INSANITY!: My entire life shouldn't have to revolve around the process that it would take to get my skin 1 shade lighter, nor should I have to die young because of dangerous ingredients.

I don't want to waste anymore hard earned money on skin bleaches that don't work AT ALL. Is there ANY skin lightener that has proven results? Not camera manipulations or false testimonials?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Nadinola ES (Hydroquinone)

Alpha arbutin serum

These work for me.

BTW, what skin lighteners have you used, if you don't mind me asking?

As you said u have read some reviews and tried products and they don't work, they may work for someone else so u just have to keep trying or compound ur own HQ and add it to a good lotion if thats an option for u. There is lots of DIY info here.

Remember to exfoliate the dead skin, apply products on clean skin otherwise u are wasting ur time and money. And yes u have to exercise patience, I would say give a product one to 2 months, if no results try something different.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

The first 'ingredient' so to speak, of the skin lightening journey is PATIENCE..it is the most important factor in your journey..you will also need to combine a variety of different 'rituals' to your routine. For starters you need to practice SAP, exfoliation, and sunblock..Next you will need to apply a potent lightening cream, I suggest HQ since its most effective..Most ppl on here do RA/HQ regiment..you will need to apply that twice a day. Depending on your starting tone, you also may consider chemical peels

Ugh, I hate when people go to using abbreviations! LOL

I don't mean any harm. I'm new to the skin care world, in general. So, I don't know about a lot of these 'big words.'

I've heard of hydroquinone, of course, and Retinol. But Where can I find these in their most potent form? And how do I know if I'm getting it from a legitimate company? I have heard that there are companies out there that sell bootleg (for lack of better term) forms of these ingredients. I've heard of people using the highest percentage of HQ and it turning their skin much draker instead of lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by dainti2001 View Post
    As you said u have read some reviews and tried products and they don't work, they may work for someone else so u just have to keep trying or compound ur own HQ and add it to a good lotion if thats an option for u. There is lots of DIY info here.

Remember to exfoliate the dead skin, apply products on clean skin otherwise u are wasting ur time and money. And yes u have to exercise patience, I would say give a product one to 2 months, if no results try something different.
    What is DIY?

Quote Originally Posted by browzie View Post
    The first 'ingredient' so to speak, of the skin lightening journey is PATIENCE..it is the most important factor in your journey..you will also need to combine a variety of different 'rituals' to your routine. For starters you need to practice SAP, exfoliation, and sunblock..Next you will need to apply a potent lightening cream, I suggest HQ since its most effective..Most ppl on here do RA/HQ regiment..you will need to apply that twice a day. Depending on your starting tone, you also may consider chemical peels
    What is SAP?

DIY = do it yourself
    SAP = sun avoidance protection
    HQ = hydroquinone
    RA= tretinoin

This thread explains the abbreviations
    https://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...s-lexicon.html
    If replying to me, please use the @ tag to grab my attention. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dewdrops View Post
    Nadinola ES (Hydroquinone)

Alpha arbutin serum

These work for me.

BTW, what skin lighteners have you used, if you don't mind me asking?
    I've used Civant: Skin care, which is supposed to be the # 1 skin lightener in the world--money back guaranteed. But it had no effect on my skin whatsoever. I've also used Dr. Fred Palmer Skin Whitener Cream, Porcelana (if I remember correctly), Body Bleach, "The Best Skin whitening Product" from arizona4pinoys.com, Fade cream for men (for the 5-oclock shadow), Black and White, Retin-A, Ambi, Quene Helene Mint Julep Masque, and a couple of exfoliating soaps (the papaya literally burned my skin)...

Other than the Mint masque, none of these skin lighteners have ever had any effect on my skin (besides the burning). The Mint masque that my bro got from a wholesale store for a few bucks, once gave me a noticable lightening as it pilled the dead skin off of my face. My bro in law actually came over one day and the first thing he said was that I was becoming "lightskinned." So I don't know what it was in that mint mask, but it did something. That one was from "CVS." I looked for it again all over and I found what I thought was the same thing (especially after reading mostly positive reviews)--the Queen Helene Mint Mask. But I have already gone through one 8 oz tube and 1/3 of the way through my second tube, and it has done nothing.

Fire7, no offense, but newbies usually start out by reading threads on here..the 'sticky' threads are the most helpful, and you should definitely familiarize yourself with them..it will def help u out..Most of us will assume you have done your hw on here, and will just use these abbreviations out of habit

13. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements