Quote Originally Posted by erebos View Post
Hey guys I've had some moderate success with my melasma, it's at least faded to a point where I don't really notice it anymore. I don't know if it's because of my routine or something else but I thought I'd share in case it helps.

I first use a basic gentle face wash in the shower (I use CeraVe from walmart). Next, which I think is the main thing that's helped overall is using sunscreen every day. I use the EltaMD UV Clear and I've found I like it because I have sensitive skin. It has some niacinamide in it which is supposed to help with redness/pigmentation. I also got this powder sunscreen that comes in like a brush tube thing. It might sound kinda lame but I've found it's really easy to apply for extra protection/if you want to reapply in the middle of the day. I also incorporated two things at night from a brand called Ordinary (it's real cheap). I used the Alpha Arbutin (supposed to help fade melasma & Pigmentation) and the Azelaic Acid which also helps melasma and rosacea which I have as well. And then use a moisturizer n the morning and night. (I used cerave moisturizing it comes in a huge tub and lasts forever)

So basically:
AM - Wash, moisturize, Sunscreen
PM - Wash , Alpha Arbutin, Azelaic Acid, Moisturize

I'm not a doctor or anything but just wanted to share what I've found has seemed to help me in case it can help you guys too. Good luck and remember youre not alone
yes azelaic acid apparently is bomb for hyperpigmentation etc ! but im afraid my face is too sensitive for it, since i get PIH easily from exfoliation