Skin Care Talk banner

Jewelry---what kind do you love?

84K views 55 replies 45 participants last post by  ISAB 
#1 ·
I have some 'good' jewelry, but I adore long, dangling, beads, and tons of wild earrings in zany colours---maybe this is because I dress so PLAIN

I love James Avery's stuff.

Sky

See less See more
#37 ·
Semi-precious stones set in silver....esp. lapis lazuli, turquoise and my favorite : rhodochrosite. But good rhodochrosite is now so rare and expensive that is becoming 'precious'...

#39 ·
I used to always wear gold but sometime during the past few years, I've switched to silver. Also, I used to only wear dainty jewelry, now I wear both. I think the switch came when a friend became a jewelry designer. I fell in love with her designs which were mostly bold and silver. Sometimes I combine a mixture of bold and chunky with dainty.

#44 ·
Vintage, especially aurora borealis crystals in their heyday ~1955-1965, the more unusual Swarovski cuts and colours, or combined with givre glass or enamelled beads. AB doesn't photograph well sadly. Also love simple modern stuff and art deco.

#45 ·
I just bought one of this, I love cuff bracelets but have a hard time finding one that fits my small wrist. This is very comfortable to wear. Normally I am a gold girl, but this just caught my eye. Sergio Gutierrez is the designer. He makes all sorts of stuff but the bracelets are what attracted my attention.
My husband says to me, "Dorka, Wonder Woman wants her bracelet back!"

http://www.liquidmetaljewelry.com

#47 ·
I would love to wear diamonds, gemstones and any chunky rocks I can get. But I rarely 'dress up' that much. So, I keep to simple gold and platinum jewelry, but not without a small stone (mostly a diamond or a ruby) encrusted in it. Sometimes, when I am in the '18 till I die' mood, I dress up in an Ed Hardy top and lots of costume jewelry - dangle earrings, broad cuffs, layered necklaces etc.

#48 ·
It depends on my mood. I love diamonds but just simple pieces like solitaire earrings. I love some vintage as well as some modern edgy pieces of jewellery, and can't forget the pretty girlie pieces LOL. Firefox7275 I love that piece you posted, its pretty. Even though I don't wear alot every day I just love jewelry sigh......

#54 ·
Chandalier and column earrings because my hair is always up/back at work, or else intricate earrings like rosebud ones, drop earrings, etc. I like the classic look, and I stick with gold and gold mainly because my skin tone is so warm / 'yellow'. I like brightly colored earrings and chunky necklaces - I hate bracelets and I always forget to wear rings.

The only other thing I can think of is a men's wristwatch - saving up for a really nice one.

Oh! And my monocle, of course!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.