Queen Helene ~ Thoughts

Thread: Queen Helene ~ Thoughts

Queen Helene ~ Thoughts

What are your thoughts of Queen Helene's ingredients :

"Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red 40 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33"

I needed a new lotion because I couldn't stand the peelies of Retin A, but the price was less than $3 for 32 oz. Mineral oil doesn't bother me too much, and it smells nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

The Queen Helene mask? I like it. It is a cheapy but use it occasionally. One of my absolute fave cheapie masks is Freeman Pineapple enzyme mask, it works wonders. I actually use that along with a cheapie manual scrub like st ives and it mimics the way expensive ExfoliKate works! I put on the Freemans one wait then take off with the St Ives Apricot Scrub and my skin glows after and is smooth. Plus they are cheap! Love it!
    Love, Luck and Lollipops

the body lotion

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...otions/_Creams

I just want something cheap and effective, since I don't put much into my lotions except moisturizing, smelling nice, and possibly a few special effects like cocoa butter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

I think the EWG would have something to say about those ingredients, its quite a toxic list. If you want a moisturizing lotion that smells nice then how about straight coconut oil or cocoa butter? You can't go wrong with that! Or, if you want more of a "lotion" lotion then something that wasn't full of toxic nasties like one of these from GOW:
    http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/bodylo...eamsbalms.html

I love their Pamper my belly bump product as its in a super handy roll on tube which makes applying lotion to damp skin after a shower so much easier and cleaner.
    GoW Pamper My Belly Bump Balm w/ Emu Oil / 2.5 oz
    ♥ Embrace the pale ♥

We use natural elements like cocoa butter that are rich with vitamins and natural emollient properties to moisturize, soften and heal skin and hair. We use pomegranate oil for its antioxidant protection against the skin-aging effects of the environment, and essential oils to help relax tired muscles and ease tension. Many of our products take advantage of the unique qualities of nature’s finest ingredients to keep you looking your best.

For over 75 years, our commitment to excellence has made our Mint Julep Facial Masque the #1 facial masque and Batherapy the #1 bath salts brand in America*. Our lotion line is among the leaders in the hand & body category and we are proud to continue our dedication to providing the most effective beauty products your body needs, from head to toe.

Best products of Queen Helene

Love Angel, from where I'm standing, adding a handful of raw blueberries and some milled flax to a breakfast of lard fried twinkies does not make it healthy unfortunately!
    ♥ Embrace the pale ♥

Looked the Queen Helene body lotion up on EWG. The health concern score is high. Not good.

Queen Helene SOY & COCOA BUTTER HAND & BODY LOTION || Skin Deep Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
    ♥ Embrace the pale ♥

i tried the honey and oatmeal scrub. its cheap of course n it does the job. i have oily comoniation skin

I'm using queen Helen H & oatmeal scrub too and I really like it. It's gentle yet effective. I guess I would be using their cocobutter lotion then. I ll rather go with raw coconut oil.

12. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements