Lactic Acid Peel Instructions HERE!! - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 First 8 17 18

Thread: Lactic Acid Peel Instructions HERE!!

I wanted to do a lactic acid peel tonight but wanted to know if it's ok to wash my face with African black soap then wipe with rubbing alcohol and apply the peel for 2 mins then neutralise with baking soda mix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeejade View Post
    I wanted to do a lactic acid peel tonight but wanted to know if it's ok to wash my face with African black soap then wipe with rubbing alcohol and apply the peel for 2 mins then neutralise with baking soda mix.
    Yes its ok to wash with African black soap, and you can use any toner prior too applying the peel.....as for neutralizing, you don't need to neutralize lactic acid peel, just rinse with soap and water
    -Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us-

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat View Post
    Yes its ok to wash with African black soap, and you can use any toner prior too applying the peel.....as for neutralizing, you don't need to neutralize lactic acid peel, just rinse with soap and water
    Can I wash with Kojic acid soap, rinse then apply the LA peel? 10%LA on my face?

What percentage will you consider safe to use twice a week or weekly please? 10% if 2ce a week or 20% if weekly?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements

This is perfect. Once healed and back to normal then return to your normal routine.
    @gymrat sorry to be a pain but I did the 40% peel on Monday night and didn't experience any peeling, tightness or discomfort that hear so many people talk about. I keep it on for 2 mins and heard my skin sizzle when neutralised, but still nothing. I just wanna know when I can get back to my LA lotion, skin lighteners, scrubs and my aha face washes. Since I have not experience any changes after the peel I don't really know when me skin would have "healed". I just want to start back my regime again. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunecookie View Post
    Can I wash with Kojic acid soap, rinse then apply the LA peel? 10%LA on my face?

What percentage will you consider safe to use twice a week or weekly please? 10% if 2ce a week or 20% if weekly?
    LA peel is the mildest form of a peel. You could use 40% safely once a week. 10% you could use in a lotion wouldn't do much if used as a peel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeejade View Post
    @gymrat sorry to be a pain but I did the 40% peel on Monday night and didn't experience any peeling, tightness or discomfort that hear so many people talk about. I keep it on for 2 mins and heard my skin sizzle when neutralised, but still nothing. I just wanna know when I can get back to my LA lotion, skin lighteners, scrubs and my aha face washes. Since I have not experience any changes after the peel I don't really know when me skin would have "healed". I just want to start back my regime again. TIA
    You won't see any visible peeling, lactic acid is very mild. You can get back to your normal routine the day after your peel.

You won't see any visible peeling, lactic acid is very mild. You can get back to your normal routine the day after your peel.
    is it bad if you do neutralize? i neutralized after my last peel

Quote Originally Posted by hioushizuka View Post
    is it bad if you do neutralize? i neutralized after my last peel
    No it's not bad, its just not necessary. Soap and water is all you need to rinse it off. TCA you need to neutralize.

11. Remove Advertisements
    SkinCareTalk.com
    Advertisements